INDIAN MARRIAGE

Lots and lots of food and dance and celebration and funnnnnnnnnnnnn

Indian marriages are not less than a festival. Normally Indian weddings are about for three to five days and we have so many rituals and celebrations.

Every region has a different way to celebrate marriage.
As you all know India is a land of diversity so with change in region and religion rituals change.

I am from Rajasthan, so I'll talk about a typical Rajasthani marriage.

1) Engagement

Rupiyo Nariyal is referred to as engagement . It is carried out at the groom’s place where the men from the bride’s family bear gifts for the groom’s family. The bride’s brother then applies kumkum and chokha (rice) on the groom’s forehead. (Mostly one rupee coin and one coconut is given to the groom, people are changing for good because earlier they use to give super expensive gifts)

Post that, the couple exchanges rings.

2)Haldi

Haldi we call it pithi ceremony, it is an integral pre-wedding ritual. The too be bride and groom become the playful victims at the hands of their relatives who apply haldi on them.

Also, this haldi paste is made of Turmeric powder, sandalwood, milk, saffron and overnight-soaked almonds all mixed in together to make a fine paste. It is also believed to bring a natural glow on the couple’s face on their D-day.

 It is also believed to bring a natural glow on the couple’s face on their D-day

Let's talk about other rituals tomorrow. Byeeeeeeee