SIGNIFICANCE OF SAAT PHERE (7 VOWS)

Saat Phere, the important part of the Hindu wedding is for the bride and groom to walk around the holy fire together and the couple lights the fire and pray for a happy future, using the fire to pass on their prayers to the various Hindu deities. Each phera has a different vow, which is read out by the priest before the couple becomes husband and wife.

 Each phera has a different vow, which is read out by the priest before the couple becomes husband and wife

FIRST PHERA

The first stage of the Saat Phera, the couple prays that the Hindu deities provide them with food that nourishes the couple so that they can live together with respect and honor for one another.

SECOND PHERA
The couple pledge to grow as one in mental, physical and spiritual strengths so that they can enjoy and share their life together.

THIRD PHERA
At this stage of the vows, the couple promises to earn an honest living so that they can live comfortably.

FOURTH PHERA

The couple promises to take care of their elders to maintain a strong family relationship.

FIFTH PHERA

The fifth vow the couple make is to be blessed with healthy children who are kind and courageous and that the bride and groom will fulfill and provide all aspects of their childrens lives with education, love and care as well as values of live.

SIXTH PHERA

With the sixth vow, the couple pray that neither of them will suffer from ill health and that their future is calm and balanced together.

SEVENTH PHERA

In the final step of the Saat Phere, the couple promise to live a life of love, friendship and mutual trust. The Saat Phere makes the marriage eternal and the couple are now officially husband and wife.