A Love Like War - pt.2

{Evelyn}

I walked out of the bathroom, fully dressed, hair in a messy bun, and pick up my boots and socks, sitting on the chair he had beside his desk, pulling both on quickly. "I borrowed one of your hair ties" he didn't reply. This really didn't need to be anymore awkward than it already was, with Ashton just sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at me.

He hadn't even bothered to put his boxers back on, just sat there on the edge of the bed, elbows resting on his knees, slightly hunched over, and watching me like a hawk. Eyes moving to follow every move I made. Whatever he had to say, he had better say it quick or else I'm going to be late, I thought to myself as I glanced at the watch on my wrist.

"Can you just say what you have to say? I'm going to be late." I say standing up.

"Late for what?" He looks at me confused.

"For my date." I look around for my jacket.

"You're still going?" He stands up, walking towards me.

I look at him, "why would I not?"

"So what? You come round, we have sex, and you leave?"

I shrug, I don't get why he's so annoyed, "you called me Ashton, not the other way around."

"You could have said no. It's not like I forced you to come." he turned from me, finding his boxers, and pulling them on.

"If I knew you'd get all bitchy about it, I wouldn't have!"

I leave the room quickly, I don't have time for this, I need to find my jacket and get out of here. I go down the stairs and hear his footsteps close behind me. I look around the living room for my jacket. Where the hell did he throw it? I search everywhere, and find it behind the TV, I grab it and put it on. I turn to find Ashton standing behind me.

"You're really going?" His arms crossed over his chest.

"Yes, Ashton, I am. We've been at this for five months, and it's always the same, we get together, we fuck then one of us leaves."

"We get together, we fuck, then you leave, you mean." he corrects me.

"Sure, whatever but it's not like we can, sorry, could, do anything else." I sigh.

"What does that mean?" He asks defensively.

"Well, it's not like this is going to keep happening if things with this guy work out."

"So you like this guy?"

I laugh slightly, walking away from him in the direction of the door, "I don't know, it's our first date."

"Where's he taking you?"

"I don't think that's any of your business," I let out a shaky breath, resting my hands on the back of the sofa to calm myself down, "this could be something good for me, Ashton. Please don't ruin it."

I look up at him, his eyes are cold, his jaw clenched, like he's stopping himself from saying something. I could tell by his stance that his whole body was tense. Something was bothering him but there's no way I could ask what. That wasn't us anymore, we weren't friends, we couldn't just talk about things, we hated each other. I hated what he had become, I hated that he wasn't my Ashton anymore, and he hated that I knew that, that I wasn't afraid to call him out on it.

I bit my lip, letting out a sigh, "goodbye, Ashton. Maybe I'll see you around sometime," I walk towards the hallway to leave, and just as I get there a glass smashes against the wall next to me, I turn around quickly, noticing one of the glasses from earlier wasn't on the coffee table anymore, "are you fucking insane? that could have hit me!"