Chapter Twelve - The Balance Affected by All

Start from the beginning

He walked in the cold hallway of white floors and slight tan-colored walls. His nose ached from the constant smell of cleaning supplies being used to keep it a 99% sterile environment. The cold air didn't help either as he neared an intersecting hallway. He turned left towards the hallway that led to the elevator. Feeling pressure build up in his lungs, he brought out a napkin to cough into it. As his mouth filled with the taste of Iron, he spat into the napkin to remove all the blood that had come out from his throat.

Touching a panel on the wall, the elevator opened up its doors to let him in. Pressing a button on the interior panel, he waited for the elevator to start moving. Once it did, he breathed out slowly as his breathing was impaired again. Listening to the quiet hum of it going between floors, he started to tap his foot while looking at the floor. 'What does the boss want now?' He finally thought to himself as the elevator neared the floor he had to get out on. Breathing out slowly, the door opened up, letting him traverse again. He stepped out to be greeted by a fellow researcher.

"Hey Al, how is your night?" They asked, causing him to look their way. He smiled, "It's just fine Mrs. Shirakan, I'm just headed to see the boss since he asked to see me." The other person scoffed, "Rare of him to call any of us up to see him, hopefully you're not gonna get fired." Alfred coughed, "That's probably not it, being the way he is, he probably has a plan for me. I should get going, hopefully you have a good night Mrs. Shirikan." As they entered the elevator, they responded "You too."

Alfred quickly took his glasses off and cleaned them as he approached Mr. K's Office, his boss and supervisor. Knocking on the door, he entered seeing him typing on his computer. Alfred took a couple steps forward, standing about 10 feet away from his desk. "Am I required for something, sir?" They looked up at him and cleared his throat, "I called you up here for some good things in store for you. I took note of your transfer orders to be stationed out at the Aiko Prefecture Department, and I think it might be good for you too. You're not working too much into genetics anymore, and you seem to have more of an interest in Psychics right now, am I right?"

Alfred remembered the letter he sent a while ago and nodded, "Yes, I asked a week ago for permission for transfer, because I'd like to be in a nearby prefecture and in a place where I can be of more service than I am here." Alfred shifted the weight in his stature, waiting for Mr. K to reply. "All I can say is that permission is granted to transfer. However, when you get there, you'll take the role of Head Researcher and Department Chair. Which works in your favor, because you'll have unlimited supplies and research time." As Mr. K said this, he quickly printed out some sheets for something other than the subject. "Thinking about it now, it'd be a boon for the future of this Hospital and Company. That's all I wanted to tell you, besides the obvious salary raise you'll get for participating out there." . Alfred bowed, "Thank you sir. I can clear out my office tonight and transfer in the morning. All I ask is... Who's replacing me?" Alfred tilted his glasses in inquiry. "Ah, I have a perfect replacement, but they're not important. You are important as you are the second oldest researcher here, so I have more faith in you. I have nothing more to say, so go and do your best for the future." Mr. K looked back at his screen, obviously busy with something.

"Have a good night Kioku, and thank you for your consideration." Alfred said as he exited the room. Sighing, he walked in the quiet halls, preparing himself for the sorting of supplies and shipping out to Aiko. "This is for the good of me..." Alfred said as he walked into the dark of the hallway.

...

"How many times must I reset the world so you can get to me Kami?" Kioku said softly, looking out of the window. Knowing that no one else was around. "Time moves forward no matter what, so I do what I must...and constantly restore the world and everyone's lives before your movements..."