TWENTY TWO_

Bishop Maitama let out a loud wail. "Jesus! Jesus, why me? Why?"

Zack and the other guards ran to him but he was inconsolable.
         "Boss, Please, let me help you."

But Bishop Maitama hauled his wife's dead body to himself. "Lord, why? What happened to your mercy that endures forever? What happened to the sea of your loving kindness?"

       "Bishop, please." Pa Hezekiah pleaded.

But the man wouldn't let go. Frustrated, Zack faced his boss and asked the question bishop hadn't thought about. "What do we do with the bodies?"

A sudden realization attacked him. "Yes the bodies!" He thought. His eyes ran across each man. Confusion and reality dealt him a jolting blow. He slowly let go of kaima's body, pulling himself to his feet.

        "Should we call the police?" Soluchi asked.

        "And tell them what exactly." He scoffed at the young man who knew nothing but how to do things legally.

       "I need to think." He waved off the guards who were swarming around him.

       "And the bodies?" Zack's voice forced him into focus. His gaze fell on the bodies lined helplessly on the floor. He was sure his wife and son were dead, but Vivian and Meso, he wasn't so sure.

        "Leave them here. But first, call Pa Deji."  Zack nodded and walked away from the sea of dead bodies.

Slowly Bishop walked to Vivian and Kelechi's bodies, he couldn't stand to see his children in that state.

         "Vivian, Vivian? Are you there?" But a response didn't come. Afraid to touch her body, he stepped back.

A worried Zack returned shortly after he exited the room. "I was just wondering if you want the old man to see the bodies?" Bishop regarded Zack for a while. "Tell me your concerns."
       "If we let more people into these happenings, the news might circulate and the fall out maybe too much to handle."

His boss nodded. That's why he loved Zack like a son. The guy was always thinking ahead of him.
But he also knew that there were more work to be done, and he was sure he wasn't even in the right state of mind to do that.

       "Call him. Let Gods will be done!" His personal assistant stood for a minute before he disappeared behind the balcony's door.

          Pa Deji was resting on  his balcony when he saw the frantic steps of Zack, Bishop Maitama's personal assistant. He'd been in the estate for close to two weeks, and he was yet to see the beauty of the well built community.
Glancing at Zack's forceful steps, he knew his little rest would be cut short.

        "Simon, open the door. There is a message." One of Pa Deji's men rose from where him and his mates were arguing about the scriptures.

         "Is Pastor Deji in?" A worried Zack asked, looking into the room.

Simon gazed at him intently before settling himself at the center of the door, blocking his view. "Yes, he is. And what is this about?"

Zack's eyes met Simon in a worried silent communication. "Tell him to come now, please."

         "What's is the problem?" Simon asked. He just wasn't in the mood for all those prayers and he didn't want to leave the confines of the room where they'd been holed up in for days.

         "Since he is in, can I speak to him, myself?" Simon made to resist but Pa Deji was already out, his bible in his hands. To Zack he pointed.