C h a p t e r - 5

- When He Whispered His Intentions -

Nina

"That's all for the day. Come on, let's go home."

I look up at Asher's voice to see him staring back at me while rubbing his tired eyes.

"Oh! Thank you!" I moan out loud and slump down over the back of my chairs relaxing my aching back muscles.

Asher looks at me wryly and murmurs, "Gee Nina! I didn't know that you loved your job so much."

Placing his hand over his chest, looking at me dramatically, he murmurs, "I wish we had more employees like you."

I roll my eyes at him, "You're the one to talk." I narrow my eyes, "I saw you yawning five times over the last fifteen minutes."

"Five!" I show him my palm, emphasizing my five fingers.

He coughs, clearly embarrassed and mumbles, "What. Ever!"

I chuckle.

Don't men realize it yet?

They can never win an argument against a woman.

I sigh, packing up my things back into my handbag.

Turning off my computer, I stand up and stretch my muscles that had been sore from sitting in the same position for hours.

I follow Asher out of the office and head towards the entrance of the building.

Asher turns towards me and says, "Bye, Nine. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah. Take care!" I mumble and kiss his cheek.

He smiles and whispers, "Be safe!"

I nod and wave at him, as he climbs inside a waiting red Volkswagen, parked right in front of the door.

I blow Gavin a kiss as he drives by, as he waves back at me through the driver's seat.

Wondering why Gavin doesn't give me a ride back to my apartment?

Probably because, during the first month of Asher's and Gavin's relationship, Gavin was really overprotective of me.

You know... because I was his new found sister.

Once he knew I used to walk back home to my apartment every night after work, he dragged me to his car and dropped me in front of my apartment.