C h a p t e r - 3

0 3

l u c

"So Lucien, Levi... fancy joining me and my daughter for lunch?"

Just kill me now.

The tension in the elevator that followed Dad's invitation was so thick that one could actually cut it with a pair of scissors. Snip snip.

But, of course... Dad was completely oblivious to it.

Levi looks back and forth between all three of us, wondering how to respond to Dad's request without offending anyone.

Levi scratches the back of his neck and murmurs awkwardly, "Sure. We would love to. Only if Nikolina doesn't mind..." He trails off and turns to stare at me cordially.

And that's how I find myself cornered with three pair of watchful eyes staring at me in expectation.

Why don't you guys just point a freaking gun at me?

I huff and cross my arms over my chest and grit out through my teeth, "I. Don't. Mind."

To which, Lucien smiles innocently -too innocently- and raises his eyebrows at me, "You sure you don't mind me just a little bit?"

I clench my fist and glower at him; shooting him with my imaginary bullets. Phew phew. Only if it was that easy.

He just loves riling me up, doesn't he?

Instead of voicing my real thoughts that included a butt-load of curses, I take a deep breath and plaster a sweet, saccharine smile on my face; looking up at him with my big blue eyes, "Of course I don't mind, Mr. Cooper. After all, I would hardly notice your presence!"

Levi chuckles at my remark but quickly covers it with a cough when Lucien glares at him harshly.

Nina - 1 | Lucien - 0.

Hee hee hee.

The elevator stops at a lower floor and five more people enter, just as Lucien steps closer to me; making me squeeze myself to the right against the side of the elevator.

I harrumph in annoyance and cross my hands over my chest again, trying my best to ignore his presence and the fact that his large, warm and ripped body was situated so close to me.

Dear Lord, must you always tempt this poor soul?

Lucien chuckles as if reading my mind and I feel his right hand slowly wrap around my waist, pulling me firmly against his side.

I gape up at him and immediately look around the elevator to see if anyone else had noticed the closeness between us but they didn't; everyone was oblivious.