"That's not what I said."

Xiao only remained silent after that, and that silence was thick and suffocating, tension filling the air.

Breaking that silence, another exhausted sigh filled the air as it fell from [ Name ]'s parted lips.

Sigh

She placed her hands on her hip as she turned to look at Xiao with a raised eyebrow, and seeing his arms crossed against his chest with that same apathetic expression he had on his face, she lightly shook her head.

Her hand fell from her waist as she walked further into the room, her soft house slippers a much nicer alternative to the shoes she wore when she was outside all day.

She walked over to the edge of one of the beds and was quick to plop herself down, the mattress shifting under her weight being a nice feeling as she got to actually rest after a long day.

"Come here, Xiao." She called out, placing her hand beside her on the mattress and patted it repeatedly to call him over.

Xiao stared at her, unaware of her intentions, but he fully trusted her so it was with no hesitation he sauntered over to sit beside her.

Once he did, he felt that same sense of relief that she felt when she sat down, as if it told them they were allowed to let down their guard, but they refused to listen as they still had it up as they always did.

[ Name ] looked over at Xiao, who decided to only stare forward but comply with her wishes of sitting beside her. She softly smiled as she took in those familiar features that would always be the most important reassurance for her to continue bearing day by day, though she would never tell him that out loud, so she would only silently admire him.

"You're more than enough, I would have already succumbed if you weren't here, you know that." She recalled, referring to all the times the two had one another's back, whether that be in battle or on days where the deaths were too hard to handle.

"Sometimes, I like to help humans, like we used to do." She revealed. The foggy memories of ancient Liyue popped up in her head and how things used to be, where danger was at its peak and saving humans on time was only a luxury when there was a war of gods.

The Yaksha's could barely ever get by with saving themselves, so now that she would have better opportunities, she would do everything she could to help.

"It's like--" [ Name ] trailed off, looking for the right word, though Xiao was quick to help out.

"You're reminiscing?" He questioned, finally looking over to make eye contact with her. From his words, he noticed the way her eyes softened with an unrivaled sadness.

"Yeah."

This time, Xiao was the one to continue the conversation, however it was more of a scolding to [ Name ], someone who probably wouldn't heed his warnings any time soon as she never really did.

"If you get too close, you're going to hurt yourself or them. The only undeniable result is regret on both ends." He reminded, shaking his head at the thought of her interacting with them and putting herself through more turmoil than she had to be in.

She only continued to remain silent, though upon seeing her stand up Xiao figured he must have said something she didn't want to hear.

"How about we order some of our favorite foods and then call it a night." She suggested, changing the conversation all together. Instead of walking away like Xiao thought she would do, she walked in front of him and extended her hand for him to take.

He looked up to see her strained smile and scanned down to stare at the outstretched hand, sighing loudly before he placed his hand into hers and wrapped their palms tightly together. [ Name ] tugged him upwards, their hands intertwined for longer than necessary yet neither let go for a few solid seconds. Upon noticing Xiao staring at the prolonged contact, she was quick to loosen her grip before she slid her hand out of Xiao's.