Chapter 33 - I Never Believed Until Now

Start from the beginning

"What phone?" Hunter asked Cameron.

"Yeah what is she talking about?" Johnson asked him too.

"I-I kept Kades phone after he died and I didn't tell anyone." Cameron admitted to everyone.

"Oh my god" Travis said loudly.

"I was able to hug them and it felt so real. I guess it all makes sense since you guys told me I stopped breathing." I told them. I looked over at Jason who looked a little confused still. I know he is speechless.

"What else did he say?" Travis asked me.

"That he misses you guys a lot. And that he has been watching over us all this time. He also hears when you guys talk to him. He even said New Years Eve was a crazy party" I said giggling at the last part. Everyone laughed as well. "He's been by our sides this whole time"

"This is crazy" Cameron said and sat down as he stared at the wall. I could see the tears filling up in his eyes.

"What about your dad?" I heard Jason ask. I looked over at him and I smiled again.

"He's proud of me. He apologized for everything. He said we are doing a great job with Drew. We got to forgive each other and have a proper goodbye" I told him. He put my hands in both of his hands.

"Wow" he said quietly as he shook his head.

"It was crazy because I woke up in a class room. And it was the date that I met most of you. The first day I tutored Travis and came to the house where I met you guys. Then the same night met Jason" I explained to them.

"Were you alone?" Gigi asked me. I shook my head.

"Everyone who was in my history class was there, the teacher and all. The date was on the board so that's how I knew. When I walked out of the class, the bell rang so everyone went out into the hall and Alissa was there. She said the same thing to me she said that day. She asked if I was going to go with you guys to the party." I explained.

"You probably relived that day because that single decision alone to go to a party changed your whole life" Johnson said and I nodded agreeing.

"Imagine I didn't go to that party. I mean I'm sure we would have meet either way considering you were at my house a few times a week for Travis" Jason said as I looked over at him.

"We definitely would have met." I said back with a smile. "I did see you that day when I tutored Travis. You didn't see me though" I added.

"Right I forgot about that" he said back nodding.

"I never believed that stuff. About being able to talk to dead people. But since you said something that only I knew, I do believe it. I didn't tell a single person that I kept his phone." Cameron spoke up again.

"I'm telling you, it was real. I was able to hug them and actually feel it" I told him.

"I never believed either. Until now" Johnson told her.

"So does this mean we almost lost you too?" I heard Jason ask. I looked over at him and saw how sad he looks.

"I don't know" I said quietly. He just stared back into my eyes and didn't say a word.

"What's important is that you're okay now" Gigi said making me look over at her and nod with a smile.

"I'm good guys" I told them all. "I promise" I said with a little smile. Jason stood up and pulled me into his arms.

"I love you so god damn much" He said quietly as he held me.

"I love you too babe" I said back as I held him back just as tight.

I do want to know why and how that happened. How was I able to see, talk, and feel my dad and Kade? It does make me view life a little different. We can't take anything for granted. I already feel like that changed me. Just being able to say a real goodbye to the both of them where they could say it back, has made me feel better already.

***

"Baby I'm fine" I said with a laugh as I looked over at Jason who is trying to do everything for me. He sighed and looked at me. It's been two days since I woke up in the hospital.

"I just worry, that's all" he told me and shrugged.

"I know" I said back and took a few steps towards him and held his face in my hands. "I'm okay. I'm great actually. There's no need to worry" I told him and he nodded. I let go and smiled. "Now, with Drew at school we have the whole day to ourselves. What do you want to do? I want to be outside" I told him and he began to smile.

"Let's go to the beach." He said as he grabbed my hands. "We can just relax, go in the water, and just have a little date day" he suggested and I smiled wider.

"That sounds great" I told him.

***

"You were right. This is relaxing" I told Jason as we stood by the water. He is standing behind me with his arms wrapped around my neck as he leans forward having his head rest against mine.

"I have another idea" he said as he talked quietly in my ear.

"What?" I asked. Feeling his breath gave me chills. I heard him chuckle. "What?" I asked again with a giggle.

"I can..." he trailed off, but didn't move away from me. I think I have an idea of what he might be thinking. "Throw you in the water" Or not. As he said that he quickly picked me up.

"Babe no!" I begged as I laughed grabbing onto him tightly. "You always do this" I said and he began to laugh. I looked him in his eyes still keeping a tight grip on him.

"I do. Maybe I shouldn't then. Maybe I'll be nice today" He said and shrugged, but had a smirk on his face. "Maybe not" he said then started to run into the water.

"No!" I laughed again and shut my eyes getting ready to go under. And then quickly we were in. "Oh my god the water is cold today" I said as we both were above the surface. He nodded quickly.

"Holy shit yeah let's get out" he said then chuckled. He grabbed my hand and we started to run out. "I didn't expect that" he said with a chuckle. I nodded agreeing with him. We got to our towels and wrapped ourselves in them. Jason stood in front of me and wrapped his arms around me. "I guess we should have felt the water first" He joked.

"Yeah" I said with a little laugh. He leaned down and kissed my forehead making my smile.

"So not to ruin the moment, but you said you had more to tell me about your dream in the hospital. Do you want to tell me now?" He asked me.

"I'll tell you now. Let's put our towels down and sit" I told him and he nodded. I'm going to tell him every detail.