Chapter 50 - Honesty

"I'm fine" I said for what felt like the hundredth time over the past three days. "You can go." I told Justin. His flight is in an hour and now he is contemplating if he should leave because I haven't heard from Jason since we fought last night. It's now seven pm so it's been almost twenty four hours.

"I can stay a few more days, Mack" he told me and I shook my head.

"You have a business to attend to, Mr CEO." I joked, but he didn't laugh. He just stared at me with a straight face. "I'll be fine. I promise. I have never seen you worry this much about me. I'm good" I said with a little smile to convince him I'm fine. I don't need anyone babysitting me.

"That's not true. I worried just as much when Jason was on trial and thrown into that hospital." He said and I nodded as I remembered how Justin was there for me. "Just let me be here for you."

"I don't need a babysitter, J." I said as I crossed my arms.

"I'm not trying to baby sit you. I can't be genuinely worried? I can't care for you?" He asked getting annoyed with me. I sighed.

"I appreciate it. I really do." I told him and I watched him pull out his phone.

"I talked to him last night after you did" he told me as I watched him go on his phone.

"Well what did he say?" I asked then he handed me his phone.

"It starts right there" he said pointed then I began to read their texts.

"Wow" I mumbled as I read. Justin was really sticking up for me. "Thank you." I quietly said as I handed him back his phone.

"Do you want me gone because of him? Because he doesn't want me here?" He asked me. I can tell he is really bothered by it. I shook my head.

"That's not it at all" I tried to tell him.

"So what is it? Because I know I haven't been annoying. I have been helpful around here, I've let you cry to me. I been here for you" he said back to me. I sighed and looked down. "Just tell me the truth."

"Fine" I said looking back at him. "Do you forget you look exactly like him? Half the time you sound like him and laugh like him. I look at you and think about how he isn't here. And it really hurts that he isn't here." I explained to him.

"So I have been making it worse?" He asked me in a disappointed tone.

"No. You have been a huge help. You've been great, Justin. It's just as the days go by I look at you and see him. And it hurts" I told him. He just nodded.

"Okay" he said quietly.

"I'm sorry" I said in the same tone.

"Nah, it's cool" he said as he nodded. "I'm going to go finish packing my stuff. I have to go soon if I want to make it on time." He said then walked out of the living room. I sighed.

I think he really wants to stay. Not even just for me, but because he enjoys it here. Back in New York, he doesn't have family like he does here. But again, I look at him and see Jason. His voice and laugh are obviously similar to Jasons.

But now I feel bad for him. I sighed loudly. I should tell him to stay a few more days. I threw my head back against the couch and just stared at the ceiling. I don't know what to do. A few more days won't hurt I guess. I stood up and walked over to the stairs case. I hope he isn't mad at me. I walked up the stairs and into the guest bedroom where I saw him standing there texting in his phone.

"Justin" I said getting his attention. He looked up at me with his eyebrows raised and didn't say a word. See, now this is what I mean. The way that just completely reminded me of Jason. I mentally sighed. "Can you actually stay for a few more days?" I asked him.