Here's To A New Year!

Episode 29: New Year's Retribution

Yasemin's POV

Today is a very special day. It's new years eve! Me and Amy were prepping the decorations for the big party tonight. Amy was on a ladder putting some decorations up and I was passing the decorations to her.

Amy: Come on, everybody! These decorations aren't gonna hang themselves!

Tails is revealed to be holding a bazooka in his right hand.

Tails: Oh, aren't they?

Tails aims his bazooka at the huts, hanging decorations from them. We all look at the decorations seeing them all set up nicely. He then turns to face Amy.

Amy: They still didn't hang themselves. Your machine did it!

Amy crosses her arms, as does Knuckles.

Knuckles: Not cool, Tails.

Sticks walks up to Tails.

Sticks: Take those things down! You're gonna attract bugs, and aliens, and kumquats, and list jokes!

Sonic walks up to Tails and Sticks. And defends Tails

Sonic: Come on, guys, lay off him!

But then i notice something

Yasemin: uh guys?

Tails' decorations come crashing down. Sonic then puts his left hand on Tails' right shoulder.

Sonic: Way to ruin New Year's, dude.

Knuckles: Is that the holiday where a giant rabbit breaks into your house and hides painted eggs?

Yasemin: no that's Easter

Knuckles: oh wait what do you do on that holiday?

Then i give him a puzzled look

Amy pushes a white new year's ball with colored dots on it with both her hands.

Amy: Knuckles, forget about your crazy holidays, and help me get this ball on top of that pole.

Knuckles grabs the pole with both his hands and lifts it. Amy puts the ball where the pole was, and Knuckles puts the pole back over the ball. Amy attaches the hook to the ball with her right hand, and Knuckles turns the crank with his right hand, lifting the ball to the top of the pole.

Amy: When it drops to the bottom, then it's exactly midnight, and the start of the new year.

Sticks runs up to Knuckles, causing him to let go of the crank.

Sticks: Don't trust her, Knuckles! I told you about the kumquats!

Amy gasps as the ball falls. She tries to hold it back up with both her hands, and grunts, but the ball pushes her to the bottom of the pole and breaks. I rush over to help her