Chapter 3: Drawings

Start from the beginning

But the only thing on my mind is him - why am I thinking about Silas? His eyes were really pretty though, maybe I can draw his eyes. Wouldn't that be creepy? I sigh in defeat - I can just draw Ethan's eyes, his are also pretty.

So I continue drawing till a small tightness in my right hand prevents me from continuing. I look at the drawing and think it's great. All I have to do is choose Ethan's eyes' ideal shade—one that is neither too dark nor too bright. I'll finish it tomorrow, I yawn.

I take a shower and put on some cozy clothing. I finally got into bed and closed my eyes. Soon enough, sleepiness started to take over my body; I wasn't even aware that I had already slept off to a deep sleep.

~~~

After waiting for a very long time, my family and I were finally seated at the table, enjoying breakfast. Since there was no mission today, everyone stayed home. Even though I can't recall my dreams from last night, I feel rested and awake today.

My father clears his throat grabbing the attention of everyone sitting at the table, he places his fork down on his plate and focuses his attention on us again, "I need to discuss something with you." He looks at my brothers and then back at me, what was it?

"Me and your mother have some important assignments to do out of town, we'll be working with the Ludovico family." He starts, "We'll be gone for quite a long time, so I want you three to look after your sister."

I frown, they are working with the Ludovico family, why?

My father turns towards my brothers, "If there's any missions go to Silas Ludovico, he is your partner until we come back." Wait, Silas is not going with them? And now he's working with my brothers? Lord please help me.

My mother smiles towards me and speaks up after my dad was done talking, "Me and your father also propose that you should start getting trained by your brothers, Maeve." My heart skips a beat, training? Me?

I hesitate to speak up, "If I may ask, for what exactly?" I anxiously wait for them to response. "We do expect that you'll accompany your brothers on the missions - not now, when you're ready of course but you have to be trained." My father finishes for my mother.

I have to go on missions? And then kill people while the smallest drop of blood makes me ill?

"Yes, we'll train and of course protect her." Aaron smiles, Cayden and Griffin agreeing with him. My mother turns to me waiting for an answer "And you Maeve? Do you want to do it?"

Do I? No, I don't want to murder anybody. However, those are requirements for being a Nystrom. I knew that one day I would have to decide whether to be a coward or a Nystrom. I can attempt to run away, but I cannot hide.

It's not like i'll kill innocent people, just people who deserve it. That doesn't make me a monster does it?

I take a deep breath slowly nodding my head, "I'll do it." My parents give me a proud smile, look they're proud of me. I made a good decision, I hope.

I start eating again, but I can't think about anything else knowing I have to get trained very soon. I will make everyone proud; But at what cost?

After breakfast my parents collected their belongings so they could leave early, "Take care of yourself my child. Okay?" My mother smiles stroking her hand through my long brown hair. "I will mother, come back soon." I smile broadly,