Everyone pauses, unsure of what she means. She points behind her, and Appa moves out of the way.

They see Zuko standing there. So close to them. He was...smiling.

"Hello, Zuko here." He gives a small wave.

(Y/n) wastes no time in drawing her weapon.

"Hey, I heard you guys flying around down there so...I just thought i'd wait for you here." Zuko says.

Appa growls in Zuko's face, then licks his whole body. Zuko makes a blegh noise as he's drenched in bison spit.

"I know you must be surprised to see me here."

"Not really, since you've followed us all over the world." Sokka spits.

"Right, well, uh...anyway. What I wanted to tell you about is that i've changed. And I, uh...i'm good now, and well I think I should join your group. Oh, and I can teach firebending to you." Zuko explains.

Aang's hold on his staff loosens, and his face softens.

"See, I uh—" Zuko starts.

"Wanna what now?" Toph asks.

"You can't possibly think that any of us trust you, can you? I mean how stupid do you think we are?" Katara yells.

"Yeah, all you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang." Sokka says.

"I've done some good things! I mean, I could've stolen your bison in Ba Sing Se, but I set him free. That's something." Zuko says. Appa licks him again.

"Appa does seem to like him." (Y/n) says.

"That's the first thing you say?" Sokka looks at (Y/n) with a brow raised. "He probably covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him. I'm not buying it."

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me. And I know i've made some mistakes in the past..."

"Like when you attacked our village?" Sokka asks.

"Or when you stole my mother's necklace and used it to track us down and capture us?" Katara asks.

"Look, I admit i've done some some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, and i'm sorry that I attacked the Water Tribe. And I never should have sent that Fire Nation assassin after you. I'm gonna try and stop—" Zuko explains.

Everyone whips their heads to (Y/n).

"No! No, not her." Zuko stammers, waving his hands around.

If (Y/n) really was the assassin sent after them, she was playing the long game, and a damn good actress.

"Wait, so...you sent Combustion Man after us?" Sokka yells, clueing in to who Zuko was talking about and whipped out his boomerang.

"Well, that's not his name, but—"

"Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to insult your friend."

"He's not my friend!"

"That guy locked me and Katara in jail and tried to blow us all up!" Toph yells.

"(Y/n)?" Zuko asks, quieter now.

"What, Zuko? Do you want me to forget how you seemed like you were changing in the crystal catacombs, then switched back to side with Azula? How that nearly got Aang and Sokka killed?" (Y/n) took her arrow out of her bow.

"You always tried to see the good in me. I know you did." Zuko pleads.

"I did. I spent so long trying to see the good in you, but it never got me anywhere. If my search for good had come up with anything, I don't think i'd be with the Avatar right now." (Y/n) narrowed her eyes at Zuko.