‘Jayce you’re almost there. Just a few more pushes honey.’ Mom said.

‘I can’t. I’m too tired.’ I leaned against Mark’s chest.

He kissed my forehead.

‘Baby please. I know you’re strong enough to do this. You carried both of them for this long, through everything. Just a couple more pushes and then you can be done. I promise.’ Mark whispered. I nodded.

‘Okay ready?’

‘Hmmm’

‘Deep breath and push with all you got.’

It was another 20 minutes before I heard my daughter scream. Mom laid her right on my stomach. I wrapped my arms around her.

‘Hi babygirl. I’m your mommy.’ I whispered.

Bridgette handed Landon to Mark and then helped mom clean me up.

Mark scooted so I could see my son. Tears filled my eyes. These were my babies.

‘Alright I’m going to call an ambulance now. But you three look healthy.’ Bridgette smiles.  I nodded not really caring about what she was saying. I just stared at my babies. She left.

‘Landon is probably hungry.’ Mom said.

She helped me adjust myself and then helped get both of them latched on.

‘It feels so weird.’ I mumbled. Mark crawled out from behind me and readjusted the pillows behind me.

‘Thank you.’ He kissed my forehead. I smiled at him. He had tears in his eyes.

‘I’m sorry you didn’t get to do it in the hospital. I honestly thought she might have been born there if she wait any longer.’ Mom said.

‘I’m kind of happy they were born here. No medical staff or stranger around. Just family.’ I said. Landon had fallen asleep.

‘Can you grab him and burp him? I think he fell asleep and he needs to be wrapped up in something so he doesn’t get cold.’ I said.

Mark took him from me and layed him against his shoulder. Mom smiled.

‘You sound like a mommy already. I’ve got some blankets and stuff for them that I was going to give you at your babyshower on Saturday. I grab them.’ She left.

‘We’re parents.’ He smiled as he held Landon against his chest.

‘Hey little man. I’m your daddy.’

‘I can’t believe that they’re here.’

I shifted Aubree in my arms.

‘Do you to switch and hold your daughter?’ He nodded. He handed me Landon and took Aubree from me. It was like a new aww struck me. This is my son. I smiled at him.

Mom came back with Raina, Kendra, Melinda and Loralie.

‘Oh my god, why didn’t you come downstairs and tell us when you started having contractions?’ Raina cried as she stood over Mark and looked at Aubree.

‘I was afraid I wouldn’t make it down the stairs without hurting myself or the babies.’ Mom gave us each a blanket to cover them up with. We diapered them and wrapped them up in their new blankets.  

‘Your dad and Terence went get everything you’ll need once you get to the hospital.’

The twins were just starting to fuss when we heard the sirens.

At the hospital, I made Mark and Kendra go with the babies while Raina went with me to get looked over.

‘Well Ms. Parker you’re fine. I’d say your future mother-in-law did a great job. I have no problem discharging you today. I gave you everything that you needed and your sister-in-law has all the readings and everything else.’