Jimin blinked at the bewildering picture, but when his girlfriend shuffled over and offered him a glass, crow's feet gathered at the corners of his eyes.

'No whiskey?' he posed wryly.

With a childish pout, Yunhee took a hearty gulp to prove a point, grimaced through watery lashes, and then wiped her trembling smile with her wrist. 'It's delicious!'

'It is,' Namjoon clearly lied as he winced and slammed his empty glass down, 'but can we get on with things? I'm eager to take back our club.'

'Forget about the club.' Jimin ordered.

It was a harsh reminder, but a reminder all the same.

'You don't want your club back?' Tae asked coolly as he swilled the bitty juice around the base of his beaker.

'In time, yes, but what's important right now is stopping Taehyung.'

Jimin's gaze roamed to the woman standing beside him, his features tempered like steel as he squeezed her fingers and then addressed the squad.

'Whatever we do, we need to be cautious. Taehyung is meticulous, artful, and an ace at underhanded tactics, but if things don't go his way, he'll have no issues playing dirty-'

'Look,' Suga unapologetically cut in, 'I appreciate that Taehyung and Hoseok are criminally insane, but how difficult can it be? There's two of them and eight of us. If we work as a unit, we can stop them.'

'Yes!' Jungkook concurred with a twinkle in his saucer-like irises. 'We outsmarted them once before when we got Hobi back-'

'I don't believe for one second that we outsmarted them,' Jimin regrettably informed his naïve friend. 'As genius as your brainwave was, Taehyung wanted us to find him.'

'Ugh,' Hobi groaned and massaged his temple, 'remind me again what his end goal is?'

'Yunhee,' Tae snapped without hesitation.

'The stone,' Jin stated concomitantly, a tinge of caution coating his pupils as he fleetingly squinted at the tactless turd. 'Yunhee and the stone. They go hand in hand. Taehyung can't return home without the vortex, and he's going to need Jimin or Yunhee to open it. May as well kill two birds and use Yunhee, right?'

'There's not a cat in hell's chance I'm opening that portal for him,' Yunhee spat. 'He'd have to shoot me dead first.'

'Which is exactly what we don't want,' Jimin uttered.

'He won't shoot her, not if his sole purpose is to obtain her,' Suga said while sucking thoughtfully on his teeth. 'No offence, Jimin, but men like you and Taehyung are calculative. If anything, he'll siphon out her weaknesses and use them against her. You did it yourself with Yunhee and Tae in return for the money he stole.'

Thank you for so poignantly reminding everyone, Jimin thought as he sent Suga a one-finger salute.

'Okay,' Namjoon's thick drawl sliced through the tension saturating the air, 'worst case scenario, Taehyung kidnaps Yunhee and threatens to kill one of us if she doesn't comply. The problem is the stone. Couldn't we...I don't know, disable it or something?'

'Oh, yeah!' Tae snickered as he drifted away and flopped next to Hobi. 'I remember the big red button on top that said: "Press Here to Disable Me".'

'Give it a rest, Tae,' Suga warned while Jimin sighed and impatiently tapped the arms of his chair.

'Perhaps there is a way to disable it,' Yunhee mused aloud as she brushed her unruly hair away from her forehead and peeked hopefully at Jimin's right-hand man.

When Worlds Collide | PJM - KTH ✓ (Hahm Series #3)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें