24

Vanna's POV:

I woke up on my bed with a text from Wil.

Wil <3: Hey Vanna love, I got you up in bed and your papers are in your bag. I am so immensely proud of you, and I genuinely know you will do amazing! Christmas fun starts the second you're done:) Take a deep breath you're doing incredible.

Wil's encouragement genuinely meant something to me which to be honest was rare.

I take a deep breath and put on a pair of jeans with what I like to call my grandpa sweater.

I slip some docs on and quickly do a braid and top it off with a winter hat.

Once I get to University I take a seat in the back and start the finals.

4 hours later and here I am finished.

I feel good. I feel confident.

It feels like all the happiness I've felt this past month hit me in rushing wave of joy.

It's almost Christmas, Wil wants to do my stupid little festive activities, no school for the next three weeks, and it's snowing outside.

I smile so big it's painful.

I can't even help but run once I'm out on the street.

My first though is the train tracks.

When I arrive I sit down on the snowy and cold concrete.

I take a deep breath of cold fresh air with a grin and my eyes shut.

It feels like I've breathed for the first time in two months.

And of course, you guessed it, I teared up a little.

I finally have some peace, where I can just enjoy myself and feel free.

My phone buzzes

Wil<3: DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING HOW DID IT GO.

Vanna: Hey there!! Finals are done, I feel good. It's a good day today I'm happy :)

Wil<3: You are insane look at you! Break is here dear, I want to be happy with you!! Where can I find you?

Vanna: Where do you think I am?

Wil<3: Be there in 5

I hear a car door open and see Wil walk up grinning.

Wilbur's POV:

She was sitting in the snow with her head back and eyes shut.

She looked like a winter fairy.

Her long red braided hair was touching the snow and she stayed completely unbothered.

"Hey pretty boy," she says.

The blush on my cheeks are blistering red and hot.

"You look like you're glowing", I say.

"Maybe not glowing but I feel like I'm floating you know? It's all over for now".

"So what cringy little Christmas activities do you have planned?" I ask.

She instantly giggles and my heart beats faster.

"I bought stuff to make a gingerbread house".

I put my hands over my face and laugh at how cliche it is.

"Alright let's do it".