6

Vanna's POV

We've been driving for about 5 minutes now and I can't even fathom how beautiful he looks.

I watch his side profile and admire the bump of his nose and the cut of his jaw. And also how his hair just barely scrapes over his eye. Everything about him has me enamored and I can already feel my attraction growing.

This is bad. But I keep looking anyways.

He glances over and catches me staring. "Soaking up my beauty while you still can eh?" He smirks.

I roll my eyes and face the window grinning. "Gee Wilbur you're certainly a humble man". He laughs.

"I can tell that you're not from UK. Your accent sounds developed from too many directions to be a native member." He says.

"Surpriseeeeee" I half sing, "I'm American!" I do little jazz hands to try and emphasize my enthusiastic sarcasm.

"Really!" He perks up, "I've wanted to go the states for a while, is it really all just cheeseburgers and palm trees." I start dying of laughter.

"I'm from Maine, so to me the states are coldness, peaceful rain, and seafood."

"That sounds like a dream." His eyes light up. "Northern states when it snows and is cloudy all the time. The sun is fine don't get me wrong but I'd much rather the rain. You probably think that's ridiculous for enjoying the rain more." He explains.

I look up. "No, in fact, I relate to that way too much. I absolutely adore the day time and the occasional loud bustling of the city in the afternoon. But night time is my peace. Ever since I can remember I had this crazy obsession with the stars and the moon. Hence why you saw me nearly killing myself trying to observe a new star I noticed."

We both laugh thinking about it.

"The stars and the moon give me this small sense of reassurance that even if I feel like everything is changing, or if I'm somewhere new and it's too much, the stars and the moon are always there. You know? Like they won't change and they won't leave, they'll always come back. They're the one thing I kind of trust."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Wilbur's POV

"They're the one thing I kind of trust."

I listen to her and watch in complete awe. She's somehow this flawless creature on the outside but not only that, she's intelligent and clever on the inside. She doesn't undermine herself or act lesser than she is. She's badass and knows how to use words. It's like she's a walking poetry book.

Did she rehearse that or something? Who can talk about the stars and the moon and make it relatable yet beautiful?

She's waiting for my reply and looks embarrassed.

"That's such a lovely way to think about it. I completely know what you mean. I went on a trip with my ex all around Europe and would watch the stars with her." I start, "and once we broke up I hated them. They were always there and they were this constant reminder of something that I don't have anymore. But as I matured and healed I viewed them more as a reminder of how no matter how much it hurts, at some point it will get better. You have to learn to live with the stars because avoiding them will never push them away."

She turns towards me and smiles. "You're right, they won't ever go away. That's a good way to put it."

Now I'm facing her parked outside of the apartment. "I think the stars and moon should be our little thing" I say.

She looks up with a warm look on her face. She looks like she's... blushing? No. Maybe my car's just hot.

"I think it should be too."

"Hey," I say. "What's your last name again?"

She looks confused but says, "It's Stoon."

"Dude! Your last name is literally a combination of the words star and moon. You're like the star and moon girl!"

Her mouth drops open. "How have I never thought about that? That's actually true. My last name is the perfect mixture of star and moon! Wilbur how the hell are you the first person to realize that?!"

She looks so god damn perfect when she's happy. Better than when she's just neutral which I didn't think was possible.

"Evangeline, I'm using your full name because it's an important occasion. I can't let you leave without your number. Not everyday do I pass by someone as interesting as you. I feel like you have more to talk about and I don't want to miss it"

Her cheeks turn warm and red, she replies, "I could say the same thing for you William."

She grabs the notebook sitting in my car counsel, writes her number down, and then hands it to me.

"Call me soon Wilbur. I want you to love the stars again."