5

Authors Note:

Thank you so much for all of the votes!!! I know I've been super inactive but I'm here now and I'm ready to write :)

————————————————————————

Wilbur's Pov:

"Wait!"

Fuck what do I say now? I mean I can't just sit there and watch her walk away after that. I feel so ridiculous for even saying this but I could feel something when I saw her.

Maybe I'm just hungry?

No. There's something different about her, not every girl stares at the sky on the edge of train tracks.

She turned around with her eyebrows scrunched, confused.

My god. Who looks like that naturally?

"Yes?" She asks.

Shit. Shit. Shit. What do I even say now.

Oh fuck Wilbur just ask for her number.

"Do you want a ride home, it's kind of cold?" I force out.

Are you kidding me? You just asked to give her a ride home? You skipped the talking phase, the what's your number phase, the first date phase. Jesus christ she's going to think your a creep.

————————————————————————

"Do you want a ride home, it's kind of cold?"

Oh my god. He wants to give me a ride home. Are you kidding me?

I prepare to punch myself in the face because the only possible option left is that this is the most lovely dream I've ever had.

You know what, what the hell do I have to lose?If he ends up killing me then that's one hell of a killer that I will gladly let murder me.

"Sure, let's go, your car better not smell like boy."

Oh god Vanna let's not get too comfortable around him.

————————————————————————
Wilbur's Pov:

"Sure, let's go, your car better not smell like boy."

Holy shit. She said yes, what the hell is happening?

Oh fuck, does my car actually smell like boy?

I start laughing at her bluntness, "hope you don't make it smell like girl. Here follow me."

I head down the weird steps that look like they were put together by someone and start to head for my car. I turn around to make sure she's still following.

There she is trailing behind me with the moon reflecting curve of her jaw. She's looking up smiling at the sky.

I can't help but smile as well.

We reach my car and I open the door for her. She jumps in and grins at me.

I get into the drivers seat and start the car.

I can hear her starting to giggle, and it gradually turns into a laugh.

I cant help but smile like a goof by the lovely sound of her laughter filling up the car. "What's so funny? Does my car smell that bad?" I joke.

"I just realized that I'm literally getting into some guys car and I don't even know your name." She forces out mid laugh.

I start laughing too because I didn't think about that at all.

"I should be laughing for letting a girl that I found at train tracks who's name I don't know into my car and driving her home."

We both start laughing harder.

"Evang" "Wilb" We both try to say our names at the same time. I feel drunk by her and can feel tears in my eyes from our dying laugher.

"You first" She giggles.

"Wilbur, Wilbur Gold."

"Ah" she says, "full name is William I'm assuming, and you're too embarrassed to say that."

I scratch my back (a habit i've had forever when I get called out or can't admit something."

I drop my head in defeat, "yup you got me."

She laughs and claps her hands together. "Evangeline Stoon. Only ever call me Vanna though. Evangeline is only for important occasions."

Evangeline. Vanna. Her name is somehow almost as beautiful as her.

"Well Vanna, show me the way."