Secret Heart

Disclaimer: this story is just a fan fiction and has nothing to do with the real life characters. It's just my imagination.

Ashwin tossed many times in the bed adjusting the pillow with his left hand struggling to sleep amidst the pungent smell of the medicines. The drip sound from the dripping machine echoed the silent room. He silently stared at the ceiling feeling terribly bored and physically drained.

Due to a minor accident his right leg got fractured and he landed in one of the top hospitals in Chennai within few hours. He was fine with few bruises and a minor head injury. His friend rakshan took up the job of the bystander owing to his parents being in Coimbatore.

"Ippo eppadi irukku da macha" his friend Rakshan came inside the room with the doctor and a nurse.

(So, how do you feel?)

"Simply bore" ashwin said and the doctor chuckled.

"You will be fine da. Don't worry" rakshan said and ashwin nodded his head in response.

The doctor examined him and went for her rounds along with the nurse.

"Dei konjam urgent work ah I have to go to Bangalore but I'll come back by two days. Till then the nurse and doctor will take care of you" rakshan said patting his back.

Ashwin's face fell and he chided "Bayam ah irukku da"

"No one is gonna kidnap you from the hospital. Pesama konjam rest edu. You will be fine soon"

Without any other option ashwin listened to his friends instructions leaving him all alone in the bizarre place. Ashwin was always scared of hospitals and he wanted his mother to be always by his side whenever he feels sick. It's the first time ever that he was in a hospital all alone with just the medical equipments accompanying him.

Even his favourite football match failed to entertain him. He was in dire need of someone who could accompany him and not treat him like patient. He was missing his mother who was in Coimbatore and was not aware about his health condition. A 40 plus year old nurse was the only person who came to monitor his condition in intervals who always had a bunch of medicines and a sheet to record his condition.

Thanks to the heavy dose of medicines that he dozed off exhaustedly. By around 10 in the night he felt someone's presence in the room. The tube light was still on and it was affecting his sleep. He was about to call the nurse still his eyes closed when he heard a sweet feminine voice different from the doctor and nurse "I'm Switching off the lights. Neenga nalla thoongunga"

The lights were switched off and the door was shut before he opened his eyes in search of the owner of the voice. All he saw was a fading figure of a person in a white coat. The remaining night he peacefully slept appreciating only the unfamiliar sweet voice which calmed his senses and his whole body.

The following morning the nurse changed his drip needle and gave him his morning dose of medicines and breakfast. He painfully gazed at the plate of not so appealing upma which he had to eventually have without any other option.

He again decided to take a small nap and after few hours ashwin regained his consciousness and discovered that the A/C temperature was reduced just like he wanted and the sheer curtains were shut giving him a sound sleep.

Around by night 10 he was happily watching his favourite movie 'Alaipayuthey' the background had pachai nirame playing and suddenly he felt dehydrated. He then pressed the call button. To his surprise no one responded to his call, he called again.

Pachai Nirame, Pachai Nirame,
Ilaiyin Ilamai Pachchai Nirame,
Undhan Narambum Pachchai Nirame,
Enakku Sammadham Tharume

The door flung open and a young lady in a parrot green block print salwar with a white coat on top of it "Any help Mr Ashwin?"