Mazhai thuli

Disclaimer: this story is just a fan fiction and has nothing to do with the real life characters. It's just my imagination.

Sivaangi was enjoying the early monsoons in Chennai. She was just back after a recording and had an ominous feeling of being alone at her home. Her parents and her brother had gone to Kerala for a family function and she had to stay back at Chennai for an important recording at the ARR studio.

The sky dusked and the darkness prevailed over the sunlight. The rain was still drizzling and her mind was also drizzling with thoughts of the ride  with ashwin that evening. She had met him at the studio and apparently he was there for his upcoming movie song recording. He was meeting her in person after almost a  year. They both were comfortably indulged in their own works and were not in touch or rather purposefully stayed away.

She was in all smiles when she saw him entering the studio. Ashwin too had a bright smile seeing his well wisher. He was listening to her blissful voice and was simultaneously letting his heart remind him "Control ashwin control. Don't let your heart overplay" but her voice was creating havoc inside him which he was not able to control any more.

Sivaangi was now grown up into a beautiful young lady and had her own unique place in the industry working with the top music composers whereas ashwin was all set with few good scripts from the top directors. They were in that stage of life where they didn't want to name their bond.

Ashwin was deliberately staying away from meeting her as he knew if he stays in touch definitely the relationship may change, at least for him. He was in a dilemma between what to choose, his heart or his mind?

Once the recording was done, sivaangi was about to leave when the gentlemen and well wisher inside him offered to drop her at home. The remaining car ride was silent. Only the rain drops making the requisite talking for them. Both of them were battling a war inside them of not letting their feeling pour in.

Sivaangi not able to handle the silence finally spoke "Song kekkalama?" to which he nodded and switched on the radio fm.

Suttum vizhichchudardhaan
Kannammaa
Sooriya chandhiraroo
Vatta kariyavizhi kannammaa
Vaanak karumai kolloo

He saw her eyes with one eye and the other eye still on the road. Her eyes were as pure as her soul illuminating the selfless love and care she had given him.

Pattu karuneela pudavai
Padhiththa nal vayiram
Natta nadu nisiyil theriyum
Natchaththirangaladi

Her black straight kurta with a tear drop crystal earring dancing to toing and froing of the car added more glow to her face in the moonlight. She was shining like a star amongst the dark road ahead of them.

Solai malar oliyooo
Unadhu sundhara punnagaidhaan...aaan
Neela kadalalaiyae
Unadhu nenjin alaigaladi

She could feel him stealing glances in between his driving which brought an unknown happiness to her which symbolically turned out to be a blushy smile.

Kola kuyil osai
Unadhu kuralin inimaiyadi
Vaalai kumariyadi kannammaa
Maruva kaadhal konden

She was humming to the song and he felt his heart falling for her and this time he didn't want to control his heart rather he let it flow willingly.

Saaththiram pesugiraai
Kannamaa
Saaththiram yedhukkadi
Aaththiram kondavarkkae kannamaa
Saaththiram undoodi

Does rules of the society matters for him or was he waiting for a 'yes' from her?