Chapter-46

(Riya gets shocked at seeing Ashwin and Anita in front of her and looks on, scared, as Ashwin shuts the door and Anita stands near her

(Riya gets shocked at seeing Ashwin and Anita in front of her and looks on, scared, as Ashwin shuts the door and Anita stands near her.)

Riya (scared)- Aap... aap log yahan...

[Riya (scared)- You... you both here...]

Anita- Just look at you. Why these tears? Why are you crying, Riya?

(Anita tries to touch her face, but Riya moves away in fear and wipes her tears, and Ashwin chuckles.)

Ashwin (coming to her)- You need to relax, Riya. We are here for you only.

Riya (confused)- For me?

Anita- Of course! You got hurt. That is the reason we are here.

(Ashwin now settles in front of Riya on the bed, and Anita moves next to him while Riya observes all their actions.)

Ashwin- So, how are you doing? All good?

Riya (slowly)- Hmm.

Anita- Only hmm? Now your Mom and Dad have come to meet you, so talk to us.

Riya- I...

Ashwin- Acha, leave all this. Riya main tumhe ek kahani sunata hoon. Listen to it carefully, okay?

[Ashwin- Okay, leave all this. Riya, I will tell you a story. Listen to it carefully, okay?]

(Riya nods her head in yes, and Ashwin speaks.)

Ashwin- You know, mine and Anita's parents were friends, and they used to work together. And both of them were employees. I mean, they had a minimum and fixed salary. To jab main unko paise ke liye taraste dekhta tha naa, mujhe bohot gussa aata tha. Main humesha se yahi socha tha ki main aise kisi ki naukri nahi karunga. Main khud itna paisa kamaunga. Aur uske liye chahe mujhe kuch bhi karna pade, main karunga. So I started my own company. And even Anita had the same dream. And we both liked each other too. She, too, started working for a company and was earning well. And then Anita and I got married.

[Ashwin- You know, mine and Anita's parents were friends, and they used to work together. And both of them were employees. I mean, they had a minimum and fixed salary. So when I used to see them yearning for money, I used to get very angry. I always thought I would not do the job under someone like this. I will earn so much money. And I will do whatever I need to do for that. So I started my own company. And even Anita had the same dream. And we both liked each other too. She, too, started working for a company and was earning well. And then Anita and I got married.]

(Riya looks on, confused as Ashwin tells her about his and Anita's story, and they behave differently.)

Riya- But aap ye sab mujhe kyu bata rahe ho?