Chapter-40

(Riya wakes up at 07:30 AM with her hand still in Manik's hair and the other one hugging him securely while he is sleeping peacefully on her chest and has also fisted her top in his hand, like a kid

(Riya wakes up at 07:30 AM with her hand still in Manik's hair and the other one hugging him securely while he is sleeping peacefully on her chest and has also fisted her top in his hand, like a kid. Riya, at first, keeps her hand on his forehead and sighs in relief at finding his temperature better than yesterday. She then slowly and carefully shifts him onto the bed and gets up.)

(She goes to get ready and then goes out of the room. She is passing by Mukti's room when she sees that the door of her room is open and her room is all messed up. She gets worried on seeing the room's state and knocks on the door.)

Riya- Mukti.

(On not receiving any answer, she opens the door more and gets shocked to see the state of the room. Her eyes then fall on Mukti's sleeping frame near the bed as she sleeps on the floor with her head on the bed. Her face is pale and has tear stains, too, on which Riya takes a sigh sadly. Riya then bends down in front of her and shakes Mukti gently to wake her up.)

Riya- Mukti. Wake up. Mukti.

(Mukti moves in her sleep and then eventually wakes up, and Riya's eyes fall on the photo that drops from Mukti's hand. Their family picture has Manik, Cabir, and Mukti as kids, probably when Manik was 15 years old. Mukti then is fully awake, sees Riya sitting in front of her, and gets conscious of her acts.)

Mukti- Aap...aap yahan pe...Bhabhi vo...

[Mukti- You... You here... That...]

Riya- I was passing by your room and saw you sleeping on the floor. Kya hua hai? And floor pe kyu so rahe the aap hmm?

[Riya- I was passing by your room and saw you sleeping on the floor. Kya hua hai? And why were you sleeping on the floor, hmm?]

Mukti- Nahi nahi aisa kuch nahi hua hai. It's nothing.

[Mukti- No, no, it's nothing like that. It's nothing.]