It's My Mental Breakdown, I'll Pick The Music!

Harry was shaken awake by Snape an hour after their impromptu nap in order for them to eat. They leaned heavily on him as the two made their way to the dining room. Snape cut three slices of the steak and kidney pie: one for him, one for Harry, and one for Snuffles. The three ate quietly, Harry barely keeping themself from falling asleep at the table.

They felt terrible. There was an annoying stinging in their eyes, they had a pounding headache, and the bone-deep exhaustion was starting to bug them. Whatever happened early, they never wanted it to happen again.

"We need to speak about what triggered your panic attack earlier."

"Do we have to?"

"Yes, Mr. Potter, we have to speak about it! Identifying triggers can assist in the prevention of more attacks!" Harry grumbled at being forced to talk about it and the use of Mr. "Now, can you tell me what you were seeing when you had the attack? You were mumbling."

"It was just old memories. Most were of my Uncle Vernon, some were Dudley and his gang playing Harry Hunting, and there was only one or two of Aunt Petunia hitting me. Is that enough? Can I go back to sleep?"

"Not quite. Do you know why you began to panic?"

"I don't like talking about how THEY used to be. You forced me to talk and once I started I just got super overwhelmed. Can I please go to sleep now?"

Snape finally waved them away. They shuffled their way up the stairs, in their room they quickly realized that while they were tired, they couldn't sleep. After another five minutes of lying in bed awake, Harry finally grabbed his phone and went onto youtube in search of music. A few searches later, he found an upbeat song mix to play. Clicking on it, lo fi music began to blast through the small phone speaker. Sitting up, they grabbed the book Hermione gave them.

"After choosing pronouns, I recommend asking everyone to switch to that set. This will cut back on body dysmorphia and other body issues. Now, I think an explanation on where exactly we fit into the LGBTQIA community is needed. Many people, feel as if they do not fit in with heterosexual and cisgender people when they are transgender, nonbinary, or genderfluid. Most people who are any of the three have their own separate flags, but are all represented within the Transgender flag."

"The transgender flag sports pale blue, pale pink, and white colored stripes. The Nonbinary flag has a yellow, a white, a purple, and a black stripe. The genderfluid flag is pink, white, purple, black, and blue stripes."

"These flags, much like the ones for different sexualities, have different meanings for the colors and order. The Trans flag has blue for boys, pink for girls, and white for undefined and transitioning. Nonbinary flags represent yellow for out of the binary genders, white for people who identify multiple genders, purple for the in-between of the gender binary and a mix of both, and black for people who do not have a gender. Lastly, the genderfluid flags colors are pink for femininity, white for the lack of gender, purple for the combination, black for all genders, and blue for masculinity."

Harry jot down the colors for the nonbinary flag, they wanted to make themselves with a bracelet with the colors. They set the book down before leaning back against their pillow, eyes growing heavy as the music continued to fill the air and drive the heavy, oppressive feeling from the room. As they slipped off to sleep, they vaguely recognized Snuffles crawling into the bed with them.