Chapter 41

MARCH 30TH

H A I L E Y

"Hailey Romano get your ass back in bed," Aero said as if he was scolding me.

I shook my head and continued to put my shoes on. Once they were on I said in a cheerful voice, "I'm fine, Aero! See? Don't I look fine?"

He leaned against the doorway and shrugged, "You look hot but that's not the point."

I walked over to him so that I was now standing directly in front of him, looking up at him. I told him, "Today is the last day I have class before I start my break, and once I'm done we're going to go look at that house and then go on my date. I feel fine, don't worry."

He still looked like he was having doubts. Eventually, he sighed, "Okay, fine. But I'm waiting at your university for you to be done."

I laughed, turning and grabbing my bag off of the vanity. I smiled, "Deal."

He drove me to my class, but it was more bearable knowing that it was my last day before my break. Once we go and see the house I'll know when to apply to schools in Philadelphia. If I get in. What if I don't get accepted?

"Hailey, don't stress. I'll deal with it, okay?" Aero said in a comforting voice after noticing that I didn't get out of the car after he parked.

He continued, "I'll pay for her surgery, so stop stressing yourself out baby."

That was definitely something stressful, but it wasn't the only thing. My mom, moving, getting into a new school, telling Reid, having a mystery person wanting Aero dead for 50 million dollars. 

I let out a sigh. I turned my head and held his hand for a moment, "I just can't wait to see the house and go on our date later. That will definitely cheer me up."

He leaned across the seat, pressing his lips against mine. After he pulled away he said, "I'll be waiting in this exact parking spot." 

I got out and went to my class, with too much on my mind. I went to go and open the door to my class when down the hallway I noticed Tomas. I looked away, not wanting to try and revive a dead one-sided friendship.

I looked back again realizing he was talking to somebody else. Tomas and somebody else was standing at the end of the hallway, looking like they were having a serious conversation. Tomas was dressed completely normally but the other person was dressed in full black with a hood up, and their back was facing me so I couldn't see their face.

I stood there, watching them. Who the hell is that?

The mystery person reached into their pocket and handed Tomas a small bag of something, which Tomas quickly grabbed and shoved it into his pocket. Ah, a drug deal. What a great place for one.

Tomas' eyes moved away from the person in front of him and met mine. His face dropped all emotion and he quickly turned around, exiting the building, the mystery person following him close behind.

I entered my class, shaking my head slightly. 

After a very boring hour and a half, I was officially on break. I cheerfully exited my class and walked outside, seeing Aeros car parked exactly where it had been. I opened the door and smiled, "Guess who's officially on break!"

"So I'll finally get to spend more time with you," he said while starting his car. We already spend almost every second together. 

We would get to the house in Philadelphia at the exact time that we're supposed to meet the real estate agent. Aero doesn't know this yet, but our date is actually in Philadelphia. It'll probably be a pain in the ass to convince him to let me drive.