Chapter 25

MARCH 20TH

H A I L E Y

Aero never lets me do anything for myself.

I wanted to eat breakfast before we went to the museum, and by that I meant that I was just going to have a bagel. But then Aero started cooking me a full on breakfast and refused to let me help.

He placed the glass of water and full plate in front of me before sitting down beside me. It made me feel better that he also made himself a plate. He asked me, "Would you want to explore the hotel after the museum?"

"Of course!" I said cheerfully. I think I'd be happy to do anything with him.

He smiled before biting into his breakfast. I remember when he used to never smile. Like always, his food tasted amazing. Once my stomach was satisfied I got ready for the day, making sure to dress a little extra nice since we're going to a museum.

Aero was complaining about how he wasn't going to be able to bring his gun inside.

"What would you need a gun for in an art museum?" I asked him while putting on my shoes.

He shrugged, "You never know."

We left, and the weather was slightly warmer than it was yesterday. As April approached, it was getting warmer and warmer. Aero didn't force me to wear a coat again thankfully, my outfit is too cute to be hidden by a coat.

I held our tickets in my hand as we walked up to the building. It was huge and beautiful, making my jaw drop slightly. I gave the worker our tickets before we entered. It was gorgeous, with some of the most beautiful works of art that I'd ever seen in my life.

Aero put his arm around my waist as we walked around, admiring all of the pieces. I smiled while looking around, before turning to Aero to see his reaction. He wasn't looking around, he was just looking at me with a smile. I asked him, "What?"

"Seeing you happy makes me so fucking happy."

I can't believe I used to think he was so cold and mean.

I placed a kiss against his jawline before asking him, "Do you like it?"

He nodded his head and we continued walking. It was such a big building that it felt like the rooms were never ending. We explored room after room, but we stopped in front of a big painting on the wall. We looked up at it and I asked him, "How does this compare to your favourite one in New York?"

"They are both incredible, however, this one might be slightly better," he answered. My lips twitched up hearing that my gift was a success.

I asked him, "Do you still want to eventually own one for yourself?"

"I think so, but that day probably won't come any day soon. Once I'm older, maybe."

I nodded my head and held my hand in his as we continued walking around. I wish that I was super powerful and could buy Aero an art museum, but I can't. But I really hope that he is able to one day. Aero is incredible and deserves to have his dream.

He suddenly asked me, "And what do you want to do after university?"

My ideal life wasn't anything interesting. All I wanted was to be an accountant, and work from home so that I don't have to leave and have small talk with coworkers every day. I never really thought about living outside of New York, since New York was all I knew.

"I just want to be happy. I don't need a huge house or expensive car, all I want is to be happy."

He stopped walking, and so did I. I looked at him with confusion and then he said, "I promise you, I would always try to make you happy."