Chapter 67

Xie Yi-jun

1286 years after The Long Night

Hêi'àn Palace

<The Prince's Classroom>

Yi-jun wanted to die.

As dramatic as a little six year old can be, he was even more so! After having sat in his seat like a good boy for over three hours, yawning and tapping his fingers as his instructor prattled on about things he didn't care about, the prince was beginning to wonder if his mother's anger over a skipped class would be better or worse than his current suffering...

I'm going to light a fire to these books pretty soon, so she better stop talking!

His nurse and tutor was strict, but nowhere near as strict as the Queen and unfortunately for her, she had a fairly poor back and couldn't chase the Prince around when he wanted to make an escape.

Xie Yi-jun waited until he couldn't stand it anymore. Until his brain and body were screaming at him to just be anywhere else!

Mama doesn't even come to these classes so how important can they be? It's not like sword fighting or horse racing or anything actually fun!!

As soundlessly as possible while his tutor had her back turned, the little Prince slipped away... the second he got out of earshot he booked it for the stairs and then was running as fast as his short legs would allow him-

If I can make it past the guards at the gate I could spend the whole rest of the afternoon in the stables!!

He was certainly going fast enough that he figured he might just be a blur in the air and no one could see him...

Lungs aching, heart beating fast in his ears, Yi-jun realised with a gulp that he was heading right for where the hallway turned sharply to the right, and that he was going to smack straight into the stone if he couldn't slow down!

There wasn't much he could do now that he had this momentum going, and the Prince couldn't think fast enough to try to skidd to a halt, so he braced his arms in front of his face and closed his eyes, practically launching off to the side on his heels as he narrowly avoided crashing into the wall.

"Ahhh!"

The sound wasn't him, and Xie Yi-jun had to blink several times before he realised that he had actually turned and ran straight into a human person!!

It's a guard! Mama will be so furious-

"Nyyeh!"

Scrambling on his hands and knees and trying to get up, Yi-jun was suddenly being plucked off his feet again by the boy, who wasn't wearing official palace attire, only a horrified frown as he held Yi-jun up by the scruff of his collar.

"What the hell are you?!"

The Prince was bright red from running as he kicked and screamed to be let go of, but the boy, who from Yi-jun's perspective looked like he could be a whole adult, glared at him sternly with cool green eyes...

"Oof-"

Yi-jun cackled as one of his knees collided perfectly with the boy's chest and he was dropped. Before he could continue through the halls on his tirade, the little boy froze in terror as he heard several voices coming from just around the corner.

"No! How should I know where he went?! He just disappears!"

"...well, he's an idiot-"

Yi-jun panicked, glancing around for somewhere to hide as the hallway was long and he would be caught immediately if he ran. Suddenly, as his eyes fixed on the boy he'd crashed into, he blinked when he noticed the same expression on the stranger's face.