Epilogue 2 ★

Stress collapsed on her couch. It had been a fews days since the party, and after saying bye to everyone (including Alex who kept his word) and helping clean up the food tables and other stuff that hermits had brought, she had collapsed on her bed and fallen asleep instantly.

Xisuma had given her an elytra, and she flew with the jungle hermits back to all of their bases through the night. They flew higher than phantoms, and the cold night air kept her awake enough to get home safely.

Alex and Xisuma had gone together through the nether since Alex didn't know how to fly and in reality, neither were as scared as Stress was.

In the morning she had looked at the cookie mess and cleaned it up, and tended to her gardens, and walked in the winter snow, and fed Ms. Deeds, and cleaned up the rest of her base as well, because throwing things around the past week had cluttered it enough for her to trip around her stuff too much for her liking.

Hermits had stopped by and given her presents as well too, and only about half of them were opened now- or half opened -laying on a table on her base. Industrial district day pass from Mumbo, extra designs of the Get Gorgeous T-shirts from Ren, another custom colored elytra from Iskall (man??) already enchanted with mending and unbreaking, and some "magic" crystals from Scar.

She was tired on her couch, but contently-so and she sighed with happiness as her head fell back on the cushion.

And after about 20 minutes of lying there doing nothing, she felt a little bored, and while she was too lazy to stand up and do something, she still wanted something to happen.

A knock on the outside of her skull snapped her out of her thoughts, and she sat up quickly. "I told the hermits they don't all have to get me something jus' for the cookies." She mumbled with a smile, glancing back at the presents behind her.

At the same time, most hermits knew they could just walk into her base, especially because there wasn't any real door, so who could this be?

She walked down the ladder she had set up and made her way towards the entrance to say hi to her visitor.

"I thought it was rude to walk in, and there wasn't any door to knock on so I thought just the wall would do and uh-... hi Stress?" A rambling red figure said in front of her, still wearing the purple scarf.

She chuckled. "Hi Alex! Good to see you again. Do you need anything?"

He took a breath and avoided eye contact. "So, I was wondering if you maybe wanted to bake cookies?" He asked awkwardly, with one hand rubbing the back of his neck.

Stress frowned, "I think I'm a little cookie-ed out, luv." She said apologetically.

"Oh that's fine I understand-" Alex started to turn around when something grabbed his wrist to stop him.

"How about I teach you how to bake a cake instead?" She asked, and his face visibly lit up, until he forcibly hid it, and put a cool guy face on instead.

"Uh, Yeah sure; Sounds fun."

She giggled and dragged him inside, throwing a clean cookie-stitched apron at his face and she tied her own one on.

"Do you have to throw it at my face each time?"

"Yep!"

They both laughed together, two opposite personalities enjoying each other's company again.

------

That's it. That's the total end of the book, and there is absolutely no way I'm doing a sequel with baking cakes and Helsknight joining the bakers because that would be absurd. In all honesty, I wouldn't do that until next year at least, when all of the hermits are in season 9 anyway. This might've taken forever, but it was still super fun to write and I'm glad I finished it. Maybe next year, if I'm feeling up to it, I'll do one with Hels and possibly some other helsmits too. It sounds fun, and I have a vague idea of some plot points and vibes, but this one isn't super popular and I know people like my other stories more so maybe I'll just leave this as is.

Thank you to everyone that read, commented, voted, and in doing so, helped motivate me to finish. Happy holidays guys, go eat some cookies. 

The End