Chapter 8 ♥︎

Stress followed X up his tower to a cozy living room, the smell of honey filling the room. Xisuma already had a pot of tea ready, and poured her a mug of chamomile with a big scoop of the fresh honey.

"Thanks for the tea X! Too bad Alex was busy." Stress said, getting comfortable on one of the chairs.

"Yeah," He sighed, "Always been a bit skittish around hermits I suppose."

"Well he's been a big help at my base baking cookies." She smiled, "He helped with these too actually." She motioned to the cookies still in the basket on the table.

"Oh that's wonderful! I was actually wondering if you could help me with something involving cookies." X started.

"Is it the holiday thing in the shopping district?" She interrupted with a knowing smile.

"Wait- how did you know?"

"Ren mentioned it when we dropped off his cookies."

"I should've known he couldn't keep a secret." He chuckled, "Or maybe I just didn't make it clear. Either way, could you possibly make some of these amazing cookies for it? I already have a few hermits helping with cake and drinks, but I think these are perfect for the occasion."

"Of course! When is it? I want to make them fresh so I won't start them until the day of if that's ok."

"It's Friday."

"Great! That gives me plenty of time to finish up the rest of the hermits beforehand." She smiled and nodded.

There was a moment of peaceful silence as their gazes wandered over to the window, where snow was falling. It was gorgeous, as Stress would say.

"Also, if you don't mind that is, could you keep a secret?" Xisuma asked, intriguing Stress.

"Hmm?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise that Alex was going to get an invite to this, but I guess the Jellie's out of the bag now, huh?"

"He actually seemed glum when Ren mentioned it, so I don't think he knows he's allowed to come."

X thought for a moment.

"Could you possibly make sure he actually comes? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a mailbox or at least never checks it, and him answering his door? Ha, that's rare."

"Of course! Everyone deserves to have fun during the holidays. I'll be sure to make sure he makes it." Stress nodded, finishing her last sip of tea. All of the honey that pooled at the bottom was in the last sip, and it was absolutely delicious. She set her cup down on the table with a smile.

"Thank you so much, Stress."

"It's no problem luv! I better get going though, I haf a ton of cookies to make!"

"See you around!" Xisuma waved as she made her way down the tower, and he noticed she had no elytra to just glide down. Probably just worn down and in need of mending, but he still planned to let her borrow one to fly to the festival. Actually, now that he thought about it, he would probably have to lend one to Alex too since he never used them, and surely didn't own one.

------

Thanks for reading! Especially that one person who actually commented! thank you, and also thanks for the suggestion, because I think I actually can fit it in pretty well with what I have planned! Have an amazing day or night, and eat a cookie if you can!