Chapter 2 ♥︎

The next day, Stress was building a mini ice castle outside of her base while the snow was falling so it wouldn't melt immediately. That was one of the downsides of living in the jungle, the heat. She worked for a few hours before noticing a slip of paper in an item frame on the door over a chest.

"When did that get there?"

She picked up the paper and read it, recognizing the hand writing immediately

"PRETZEL, CARMEL, AND CHOCOLATE COOKIES ARE OMEGA.

-Iskall85"

She smiled and opened the chest to find a stack of gold blocks, a bunch of rainbow colored glass, some diamonds and another note.

"SOME OMEGA BLOCKS TO DECORATE WITH, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!"

"Aww how sweet of 'im. He knows I own the glass shop right?" She said out loud to herself giggling.

She received many notes like that, and a few texts on her communicator about cookies. Good thing she had a book to write everything down in.

Snickerdoodle cookies with dark chocolate for Mumbo

Dark chocolate chip cookies for Xisuma

Orange cookies for Cleo

White chocolate lemon for False

Oatmeal cookies for Joe

Normal snickerdoodles for Ren.

Extra chocolate chips for Scar.

Skittles and m&m's in the cookies for Grian (Stress swore he was a demon child).

Just m&ms for Tango, the actual netherborn one.

And a bunch of other requests from a bunch of other hermits.

Stress was stressing out about being able to finish all the cookies in time. (see what I did there?) More hermits responded than she expected, meaning she had to make more individual batches for each different type.

"I said I was gonna make cookies for all of the hermits, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do." She said firmly to herself.

She took a deep breath, put on an apron with a flower hand stitched into a pocket on the front, and got to work with determination to finish them all in time.

Quite a few hours later, she had plates of cooling cookies all over the room, flour on her apron and in her hair, and an amazing cookie smell coming from her house slowly drifting to the rest of the jungle. About 1/4rd of the hermits' requests were done, which was pretty good for just one day.

She thought it was better to deliver the cookies earlier so they could eat them fresh, than save them till Christmas, so she went out to fly to the hermits' with finished batches. Stress was sorta tired and felt too lazy to take off her apron properly, so she left it on and grabbed her elytra adjusting it on securely.

She had some spare rockets by the door and stood on the edge of her skull before jumping off the one block step, spreading out her wings and taking off. It was only a few seconds of uncomfort before she found a position to hold the cookies and fly at the same time. She was above the trees, and looked down, before she realised the ground was getting a bit too close to fast.

Stress was falling. Her ripped wings doing nothing to slow her down.

"AHP-"

She let out a yelp before safely landing on top of one of the jungle trees and letting out a sigh of relief. The cookies were covered in tinfoil and safe as well.

She didn't have any water to get down, but enough time in the jungle had taught her how to glide down easily with the sturdy vines hanging from most trees.

Stress went back into the skull after jumping around a few bushes because she hadn't actually gotten that far, and searched for another elytra. After combing through all her chests, she found nothing.

"Guess I'll be walkin' " She mumbled to herself, before grabbing the cookies for the jungle hermits instead and heading out of her skull base with a flower crown.

Her brown panda looked up at her with affection when she tossed 'em a bamboo stick and called her "luv" as she scratched her head in just the right place. The panda, Ms. Deeds, seemed to like the temporary space Stress had made to keep her protected from the falling snow. It was a simple and temporary wooden shack but it was surprisingly cozy.

Stress hummed as she walked through the jungle in a warm coat sort of covered in flour and a cute magenta scarf made by Iskall for her from last year.

First was on the delivery list Scar, since his enchanted magic village was the closest. She dropped the cookies off by Larry the Snail with a note, after saying hi to the villagers gardening by the house.

"They'll get cold if 'e waits too long" She mumbled, "I'll shoot 'im a message so he doesn't miss 'em."

Stressmonster101 [private to GoodTimeWithScar]: your cookies are at your magic village base Scar!

GoodTimeWithScar [Private to Stressmonster101]: so quick! Thank you so much! I'll be there soon one way or another!

She chuckled to herself, and set off to the next closest jungle hermit.

Next was Grian's demon cookies, over by the giant mansion he had towering at the edge of the jungle. She walked into lots of chickens walking around the place, and a giant concrete chicken hanging in the air. Grian was in his base chasing around chickens, running around like a chicken himself.

"Here ya cookies, Grian!" Stress called over to the man who had just caught a chicken, tried to get a lead on it, had it scrambled out of his arms, and successfully ran away.

"Oh! Hey Stress!" Grian waved as he gave up on catching the chicken for now.

"Happy holidays!" Stress walked over and handed him a small basket of colorfully spotted cookies. The m&m and skittle demon child cookies as they were named now.

"Aww thanks so much Stress!" He immediately grabbed one out and stuffed it in his mouth. They were still warm, and the m&ms melted in his mouth.

"These are incREDIBLE!" He said, stuffing another one in his mouth. Stress wanted to mention that the skittles ruined them for her own taste, but let him enjoy them instead.

"Don't eat 'em all in one sittin' luv!"

"Might be hard not to, you really outdid yourself!"

"Aww thanks! See ya later Grian!" She started to skip out of the mansion carefully stepping over the gate he had to keep the chickens in.

"No, thank you!" Grian yelled behind her after he swallowed a delicious mouthful of cookie. One of the chickens jumped up and stole a cookie when Grian waved bye, and Stress could hear the scramble of Grian trying to get it back behind her. She chuckled to herself and walked out ready to deliver the next basket.

"Two hermits down, so many more to go." 

------

Thank you for reading! Have a good day or night and enjoy a good cookie for yourself if ya can!