Chapter 24

*Tom pov*

Today is July 25th, Zawe's birthday. She turns 33 and I organized a little party for her.
Her brother and parents are coming, as well as my mum and sisters, plus niece and brother in law.
Right now she is still sleeping in our bed, because it's early morning.
I woke up about half an hour ago and picked up a wide awake Charlie.
After changing him we went downstairs and I put him down in his baby bouncer, so I could decorate the house before she wakes up.

I made a triple chocolate cheesecake for her and got little snacks from a nearby bakery while my mum baked some lasagna, Yep even if it's July we eat that, and Victoria is going to bring the second dish.
"Ok. Balloons are up, presents on the table...mhm what else?" I say to myself looking around the house at 8 am "looks good"
And just as I finish talking Charlie begins to fuss.
"Aw, are you a hungry little boy?" I say picking him up "shall we go to mummy?"
I take the stairs and once in the bedroom I sit on the bed near Zawe.
"Happy birthday to our favorite lady" I whisper in her ear and giving her a gentle kiss.
She stirs and turns to us then opens her eyes.
"Morning" she says
"Good morning love and happy birthday"
"Thank you"
"Here's someone who wants to wish you an happy birthday and also wants to be fed..."
"Hi my sweet baby" she says to his as I hand Charlie to her "ready to eat? Yes you are!"
"I'll leave to two of you and make you some breakfast"
"Thank you darling"
"Love you" I say before exiting the bedroom.

In the kitchen I prepare a full English breakfast consisting of bacon, poached eggs, grilled tomatoes, buttered toast and sausages.
I also make some coffe for myself and a glass of water for her.
Once I'm done cooking I grab the plates and set them on the table with a card, a bouquet of orchids and a little box for her to open.

"Here we are" she says entering the kitchen holding Charlie"Good, breakfast is served" I say letting her sit"Thank you""These are for you""Aww Tom! They are so beautiful, oh and there is a card""Open it" "My dearest Zawe, happy birthday!I hope you...

"Good, breakfast is served" I say letting her sit
"Thank you"
"These are for you"
"Aww Tom! They are so beautiful, oh and there is a card"
"Open it"
"My dearest Zawe, happy birthday!
I hope you are going to enjoy this day, which I know is going to be filled with love and laughter.
I also hope this is the first birthday of many that we are going to spend as a couple.
All my love, Thomas" she finishes and looks at me then back down at the letter in her hands "you couldn't be more romantic..."
"Only for you"
"Shall I open this?" She says pointing at the box
"Yes"
She carefully takes the box out of the wrapping paper and opens it.
"Oh Thomas" she says gently grazing the necklace with her finger
"For those who are born in July, the Ruby is the right gemstone"
"You didn't have to"
"But I wanted to, now let's see how it looks on you" I grab the necklace and tie it around her neck then walk back in front of her admiring her beauty
"So so beautiful" I whisper
"Thank you" she says and kisses my lips.

"Oh Thomas" she says gently grazing the necklace with her finger"For those who are born in July, the Ruby is the right gemstone""You didn't have to""But I wanted to, now let's see how it looks on you" I grab the necklace and tie it around her neck...