Chapter 17

*Zawe pov*

After a couple of weeks I finally decided what the baby's room color scheme is going to be: grey and blue.
So this afternoon Tom and I are in the shop to pick up the paint and choose the furniture.
"So you are sure to paint this ourselves?" He asks me
"Yes, scared of some paint?"
"No, I thought you wanted something elaborate"
"No, a grey wall and three blue ones"
"Then if it's that simple I'm sure we can manage!"
After getting the paint we drove to another shop that sells furniture only for babies and kids bedrooms.

"Welcome to our shop, may I help you with something?" A guy named Asher asks us
"I'm looking for a baby boy nursery furniture"
"Ok, follow me and I'll lead you to the correct section. Do you have something in mind already?"
"I do, it's going to be a blue and grey color scheme, so I thought the furniture could be grey except for the rocking chair"
"I think you are tre first mum with such precise ideas, not a first time mum I guess"
"Oh no, I am actually, but the baby's uncle here helped me a lot with all the decisions about colors and other things"
"You make quite the team then!" Asher says
"Yep!" Tom says
"And here we are. All the cots if front of you come in grey as well. There are different designs. The ones with the low mattress, or the high one, or even the ones with a height adjustable mattress. With or without drawers, or the ones that you can transform into a toddler bed in a couple of years"
"Definitely one with adjustable mattress and without drawers, I saw a cute changing table with lots of drawers already as we were walking"

 With or without drawers, or the ones that you can transform into a toddler bed in a couple of years""Definitely one with adjustable mattress and without drawers, I saw a cute changing table with lots of drawers already as we were walking"

"Great! If you tell me which one is it I'll keep it for you"
"Thank you" I say showing him the one, then he leaves us to decide the crib I like the most.
"This looks comfy" Tom says
"Want to try it out?"
"Mhm...I'm not sure my long legs can fit in there..."
"You are right, it looks comfy and it's pretty simple design"
"Yes, what do you say mommy?"
"This one"

"Perfect I'll call Asher, you go look at carillons""Ok!"I walk to the toys section searching for a carillon

"Ok!"
I walk to the toys section searching for a carillon. I find lots of them but only two of them are really cute.
"Found something?" Tom startles me coming from behind
"Dear god Thomas!"
"I'm so sorry darling" he say bringing me into a loving hug "better now?" He asks after a few seconds
"Mhm yes...what do you think? These bears are so cute!" I say pointing to them
"They are and it's a soft carillon, he won't hurt himself once he'll be old enough to reach it"
"Right, bears carillon it is"

what do you think? These bears are so cute!" I say pointing to them"They are and it's a soft carillon, he won't hurt himself once he'll be old enough to reach it""Right, bears carillon it is"

"Good, rocking chair is the last thing we need since you already found the rug"
"Let's go!"

"Good, rocking chair is the last thing we need since you already found the rug""Let's go!"

After choosing the last item we join Asher again and he asks us a few questions.
"When would you like us to deliver this to your house?"
"In about a month will be great" I say
"Ok"
"Oh and please, be discreet with the address" Tom says hoping he knows what he means
"Absolutely, have a nice evening!"
"Thank you, you too!" We both say and then exit the shop hopping back in the car trying not to get too cold from the still very cold London weather.

"And now what?" I ask coming down from the stairs in my Minnie Mouse, very warm must I say, pajamas.
"That looks so cute in you" he says smiling
"Thank you...what should we do?"
"I made some hot chocolate, and we could watch a movie..."
"Nice!"
"You choose" he says turning on Netflix
After settling down we drink and watch the movie I chose, but after some time I end up falling asleep comfortably on Tom's shoulder.
He gently shakes me awake and I squint my eyes open.
"Come on, let's get you to bed"
"But I didn't see the movie ending"
"We'll see it agin tomorrow, it's late and you need more sleep"
"Mhm" I mumble tired
"Grab my hands"
He leads me to my room and waits outside to make sure I'm good then we big each other goodnight and soon after I join dreamland for the second time tonight.

A/n

Hope you like this one!❤️