She seems like she is thinking. She usually doesn't do that.

"Ours truly Samantha is thinking. What a rare sight," I tease her. She slaps my arm again, rolling her eyes.

"Shut up. I would have had some urgent work," she replies and I roll my eyes, chuckling.

"Whatever gets you through the day sweetheart."

We walk to the nearest table and sit there. The place is packed up. I didn't know it would be so crowded in the morning.

"How have you been?" I ask.

"All good, boyfriend's being an ass as always." She rolls her eyes.

I chuckle. "Reason 101 why I don't have a boyfriend."

"Blah blah blah. That is not a reason. You are too busy with your work. Besides guys would die for you," she says back to me. I chuckle again. "Anyways, how are you?"

"Good." I smile at her.

"Oh, I almost forgot. You want something to eat or drink?" She asks, getting up from the seat.

"Yeah I wanted something but we can do that later. We can talk now." I smile at her, grabbing her shoulder to stop.

She stands up from her seat and looks at me apologetically as I retrieve my hands back. "Now, I can't. I am a little busy and afterwards I have to pick up my brother. Then I have to do some errands for home." She gives me a weak smile, gesturing towards all the people sitting around us.

"Yeah sure. Then sometime later." I smile at her. I know how it feels to be busy. As if there are lots of work to do but no time at all.

"Alena darling," I hear another familiar voice call after me.

I watch Gracy on the other end serving customers.

I smile politely at her. "Hi Gracy," I greet her happily, waving at her.

She walks quickly taking orders and placing orders on the customer's tables. "Sorry darling, I would have waited and talked with you but you see this place is so full."

"Gracy, it is fine. I was just gonna go anyway. I will come back soon."

She nods and goes to the inside of the bakery where all baking takes place.

Sam starts walking back to the counter and now starts putting trays of different breads in the display boxes.

One of the many things I love about this place is its smell. So authentic and raw. The smell of brewing coffee, the baking of different breads and cakes. I take in the essence of all that.

"So what did you wanted?" Sam asks from standing on the other side of the counter.

"Yeah, do you have banana muffins?" I ask, staring at the floor.

She glances through the display boxes once and replies, "yes obviously." Then she looks at me as if the gears in her mind are working. "Wait, since when did you start eating banana muffins?"

I fiddle with my thumbs. Nervousness taking over my body. I was not at all expecting this question to appear.

"I don't. They are for someone else." I say sheepishly.

Her eyes perk up. "And is this someone else a guy?" She asks, wiggling her brows, suddenly getting interested in my answer. I roll my eyes but she keeps batting her eyes at me.

"Yes, a colleague."

"Wow, you are blushing Alena. Haven't seen you ever like that." She grins at me and I scoff, turning my head away. Why does everyone keep on saying that to me? Have I never blushed before? Who am I kidding, I have never. I can bet on that.