| CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓

           The stare on Zephyr's face tears my heart and moves it to the floor. He just proposed something important to me and I told him to take a shower. It sounded exactly like a refusal thrown at his face. He told me not to back off and make him love me and I had already decided to leave the house.

           “Okay, as you wish,” he murmurs and goes to the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

           I sigh, bringing my hand to the chest, feeling my heart galloping and wanting to come out of my chest. I'm sorry, Zeph, but I want to be sure of your feelings.

           I run to my suitcase, take off my clothes and pull the zipper back, tossing my clothes on the bed to wipe the water off my body with the towel. I get dressed quickly and, as I hear the water from the shower flowing, I pick up the phone and call Aria. After a few tones she answers me.

           “Bitch, I thought you're dead,” she said into the speaker.

           “Aria, I need you to come after me right now,” I cut her off.

           “Okay, but what happened? Did you argue with Zeph?” she asks me and I hear her footsteps hitting the floor through the speaker, a sign that she is getting ready to come here.

           “No,” I said shortly.

           Only twice, but that's not the reason for my spontaneous leaving.

           “Did he touch you in any way you didn't like?”

           “No.”

           “Good. I knew he had enough brains in that head.”

           Her car's engine is starting touring and I already know she's heading here. I'm starting to put on my shoes – since I forgot to take off my shoes at the entrance and I came in like an ass wearing shoes around the house – and I'm going to take my suitcase and be careful not to make any noise that the raven-haired would hear from the shower.

           If he hears it, I'm screwed and he'd probably insist again that it's dangerous and forbidding me to go back there with Hayden a few streets away. I hate when someone tells me what to do.