Part 8

Laura could not resist and immediately photographed the cute display of colorful sushi rolls, as soon as they were served to the table.
Within seconds, our lunch table was on her Instagram account story.

We were at our favorite Japanese restaurant, which was not far from the office, and pretty crowded at this hour of the day.

Anna Maria and Laura, the two secretaries of our firm, looked like exact opposites.

Anna Maria was tall and fair in skin and hair, while Laura was petite, with long, straight dark hair and olive skin.
Anna Maria's style was classic and timeless, while Twenty-three-year-old Laura looked trendy from head to toe.
Both were very pretty and well-groomed.

They sat across the table from Miguel and me, talking about their favorite topic of conversation over the past week - Andres Moreno.

The fact that he was supposed to come to our office today, after an absence of more than a week, made them especially excited.

Anna Maria's face was lit up, her familiar expression noted she was about to tell us some fresh gossip..she totally lived for this stuff..

"Guys, do you remember my friend Eugenia, the journalist?"

Anna Maria stopped talking in a dramatic pause, making sure the three of us were more focused on her words than on devouring food.

"I tried to get information about Andres Moreno from her..she, after all, knows everyone and everything..
Well, it turns out Eugenia knows quite a few things about him and his family..."

I moved in my chair uncomfortably. Here we go..

"I thought it was weird that I couldn't find anything about him on the net, other than his business website. I managed to find some things about his family, but there is no personal information about him at all!"

"True! I also tried to find his photo on social media and I couldn't find anything!.. it's really weird, he is supposed to be the heir to a family of billionaires!" Laura agreed.
"I'm the only one who didn't get to see him yet!"

Anna Maria sent a scolding look at Laura.  How dare Laura interrupt her words and disturb her thread of thoughts..

"Anyway, ... I found some old articles from about fifteen years ago, about his mother..and a lot of articles about his parents' car accident,
Both were killed..horrible!
Paparazzi photographers chased after them, it was quite a famous story..a heiress and her husband were killed while fleeing paparazzi ..Just like what happened to Princess Diana...!" Anna Maria continued.

"But there is no mention of Andres Moreno!
Not even the on most eligible billionaire bachelors list or somthing.. I mean there really is nothing!"

Anna Maria stopped again, to drink from her glass, talking so dramatically and so much, definitely makes you thirsty.

"Then Eugenia told me his family employs a public relations firm, whose job it is to erase any mention of their private lives from newspapers and the net!"

I knew that, Andres told me about it.

Andres' mother was a social butterfly, and was well known in the high society circles of the time, she was a fashion icon and appeared non-stop in all the gossip columns.
The horrific accident happened when she and her husband tried to dodge a car with paparazzi photographers...
And since then, her father made sure that there would never be such exposure of his family members to the public eye again.

"It's completely understandable," I said.  "After the trauma they went through, Mr. de Leon, Mr. Moreno's grandfather, has every reason to protect his family, I'm sure it was not easy for him."

"But that's not the only thing Eugenia told me..
Do you know who Andres Moreno's girlfriend is?"  Anna Maria's eyes twinkled with excitement.

"Are we supposed to know her?  Is she famous?" Miguel asked curiously.
Without a doubt, the subject interested them too much.

"It's Bianca Silva!"  Anna Maria announced.
The girls sitting at the table next to us, turn their heads curiously towards our table, they, too, could hear Anna Maria's enthusiastic voice.

I almost choked on the sashimi I had been chewing on at that moment.

"Really?! Bianca Silva ?!  
I don't remember seeing any publicity about her having a new boyfriend.." wondered Miguel. He was an avid reader of all the gossip sites and Instagram pages.

"Wow, she's so beautiful! I'm sure their kids will be gorgeous!" Laura said with a dreamy look in her eyes, all she heard non-stop over the past week, was just how hot our new boss was ...

I took another sip of my mineral water, trying to figure out what I think of what I just heard.

Despite the time that passed, and even though I was still angry with my ex-husband, unfortunately, the feelings that passed through me, upon hearing Anna Maria's words, were less indifferent than I wanted.

It was certainly not pleasant, to discover that your ex-husband has a new girlfriend and in addition, that she's a very famous gorgeous suppermodel...
I felt a little pinch in my heart..

"Interesting. Do you know if they're in a serious relationship?"  I casually asked.

"Probably so.
Bianca is friends with Andres' cousin, and it seems his family wants them to get married.
Eugenia thinks the engagement announcement will come out pretty soon... "
Anna Maria was happy to share this information as well.

"God, I'm dying to be at their wedding, with all the celebs and billionaires who will probably be attending it .. OMG !!" Miguel said.

"Me too! Do you think he will invite his employees, even those who have recently become his employees, like us?" Laura wondered and from there they immersed in talking about what they would wear for such a high profile event..

"Oh, You know what else Eugenia told me? Andres Moreno was married before .. to someone unknown..they divorced after one year of marriage .."

My heart sank.
I felt bad for lying to them. 
I did not like doing it, I always preferred simple honesty.

But when I first saw Andres in our office meeting room a week ago, the feeling of shock overwhelmed me and the last thing I wanted at that moment, was to tell my co-workers that our new boss is my ex-husband...

After I calmed down a bit, I decided not to give up a job I love because of him, but I still had a hard time telling them the truth.
A feeling of discomfort passed through me, it was against my character to lie like that.

The ringing of my phone interrupted my thoughts.
It was Pedro, our boss. 
He asked me to replace him at a meeting outside of the office, at a construction site.
He needed to be at his grandson's piano recital and he had to leave now, otherwise he would not be able to arrive on time.

It was the first time he had sent me alone to a work meeting at a construction site.
I felt excited, he thought I could handle it..
It was definitely the right decision, not to resign ..