Part 3

"I have to take a minute to catch my breath!
My God, what a man! 
How will I be able to work with a clear mind, with this sex god, dripping his masculinity around the office??"
Miguel declared dramatically
and landed in his chair.

His desk was located very close to mine.
In the open space where we worked, the desks were cleverly placed, in a way that allowed employees to talk comfortably with each other, but at the same time, get some privacy.
After all, it was an architecture and interior design company, the interior design of the offices could not have been less sophisticated and innovative.

I felt the same as Miguel about Andres, but for a different reason.
I considered what to do. 
I did not want to leave my job because of my ex-husband, but will I be able to work with him?

Plus, I hated lying to people at work.  If anyone finds out about my past with the new boss, it will be very unpleasant and awkward. mainly for me.

I have been working for this company for almost two years, and just when I started to make some progress and got to participate in the big and important projects, Andres had to suddenly appear and disrupt my world, like only he knows.

"Miguel, don't forget you have a boyfriend .." Anna Maria grinned, as she passed by on her way from the office kitchenette.

"It was definitely a surprise!"  She continued, stopping to enjoy some gossip, while sipping her cup of coffee.

"Laura will probably go crazy when she arrives tomorrow and will see our new boss!"

Laura was the other secretary, and was deprived of the pleasure of witnessing the "Sex god" and the new object of gossip in the office, because she was on a day off.

"It's strange we have not heard that his family are the owners of Sotos Constructions... and now they bought us too...at this rate, they will take over the construction industry in the country.." Valeria noted thoughtfully.

She was a pleasant and quiet lady and a very experienced civil engineer.
Delgado company employed architects, an interior designer and civil engineers, each of them was responsible for a different aspect of the projects.

"Well, after all, his family is very discreet, I’ve heard they do their best to avoid appearing in the headlines and being in the spotlight" said Valeria.

"Is Pedro really going to step aside and let Mr. Moreno run our company?"  I asked in an annoyed voice, I still could not figure out how to get out of the situation.

"I think he will stay in office for a while and then retire, as he has dreamed of doing in recent years...
In the end, it's good that he sold Delgado Architects, after all, none of Pedro's kids want to take over his company" said Valeria.

"Andres Moreno is so perfect, my heart can't stand it!"
Miguel did not let me change the subject and went back to his new favorite topic of conversation.

"Your heart will survive, it belongs to Juan Carlos now!" I smiled at the sight of his dramatic expression.

"But my love, I noticed Moreno couldn't take his eyes off you, you definitely have to make a move on him, he's a fucking billionaire!
And did I mention he's as hot as hell?!" 
Miguel said with sparkling eyes.
How he loved this stuff...

"A whole minute has passed since the last time you mentioned his hotness, I was afraid you're not feeling well .. " I teased him.

"And I don't want anything to do with that guy, he's my boss!" I added, my voice rising again.

If they only knew ..

Miguel grimaced at me mischievously,
"I still have a feeling that we will have a Cinderella story in our office..it will be sooo exciting.."

Miguel was my best friend at the office.
He was an interior designer with a colorful and over the top personality, just like his design style.
He was three years older than me, and had beautiful, big chocolate eyes and the cutest face. 
I liked him very much.

"Don't get your hopes high, Dani...
I mean, you're cute and all, but I'm sure someone like him only goes out with models or heirs of rich families" Anna Maria decisively said.

"It's perfectly fine, he can have all the models and rich girls in the world!
Andres Moreno does not interest me at all, beyond being my boss!"

"Daniela, Pedro needs you in the Leonardo Hotel project meeting, they are waiting for you in the new boss's office." Ricardo suddenly appeared, his voice gasping.

My heart immediately skipped a beat. 

Calm down, you can handle this!
You are a twenty-seven year old career woman, don't let that jerk take you out of balance!!

I took a deep breath and got up, my heart pounding fast...

...