Merry Christmas To All

*This takes place in a high school AU, think of it as a late Christmas one shot while I work on the real chapter*

Keith's never really been one to enjoy the holidays. No one really blames him, he was usually alone most of the time until Shiro adopted him when he was 14. Then going into a high school didn't really help him not be alone. Making friends can be hard, especially when people tend to judge at first glance. While making friends seemed impossible, Shiro always tried to tell Keith to make friends and that one day he'd have a group of friends. Keith huffed at his brother and disagreed. He could barely make one friend, how would he get a group of friends. 

His brother seemed to be right though. 

Second week of high school Keith still hadn't made friends and never sat in the same spot during lunch. One day he was sitting by himself outside near the cafeteria seats when someone approached him asking to if it was ok to sit down. Keith looked up and saw a total of three people. He's never seen these people before, he didn't get a good look at the people before saying sure and getting up to leave. He was asked to stay and got forced into a conversation with the people. He learned their names but didn't tell them his own name, Lance, the boy who asked to sit at the table, Pidge, a nickname for the person on his right, and Hunk, the boy on his right. He sat there and made small talk but wasn't really paying all that much attention. He got asked his name but kept quiet, after that they didn't try to get his name, they just talked to him for a bit. He actually enjoyed some of their jokes, but once the lunch bell rang, they said their goodbyes and didn't see each other until about a week after.

Keith found a nice permanent spot to sit at in a garden by the library, he rarely entered the library, he simply enjoyed the nice scenery outside the bookstore. he was reading a book he brought from home when he noticed a group of people sit somewhat near him. Looking up, he recognized that the group of people were the same people who sat with him at lunch one day. Lance, if he remembered correctly, noticed a pairs of eyes on him and his friends. He smile after he got a good look at Keith. He seemed to recognize him from that day outside. He waved at Keith, only to stand up and walk over, he sat down and his friends followed, They officially introduced themselves properly and they chatted all lunch. They realized they had the same building but different floors. The group agreed to walk each other and than met at a bench just outside the building when the bell rings at the end of the day. 

When the bell rang and everyone was free from the mess of the hallways, they agreed to met in the garden everyday during lunch and would try to walk whoever had the same building as the other to their class. This is how Keith began to have a set friendship group at school for the next 4 years. he made a friend or two in each of his classes, but he always met with his little friend group of 4 in the mornings, during lunch, and after/outside school. It was great, never had a complaint about his friends, and they didn't seem to have a complaint about him either. Simply enjoying each others company was enough for the four of them. Lance, having a big home, and an even bigger family, tend to be the house everyone went to when they hung out. Keith, half willingly, became Lance's mom's favorite friend. Rosa was a smothering mother, but Keith rarely complained. Lance and Keith were super close, however, Keith tend to talk to Pidge when it came to getting advice on problems. He claims they refuse to beat around the bush. Makes them easier to talk to. 

Keith absolutely adored his friends, they hung out often and everyone knew each others families. Having best friends to get you through life makes things truly enjoyable. He wouldn't trade them for the world. 

*So, my family got covid right before Christmas so this didn't come out on Christmas like I wanted. The story also didn't turn out how I wanted. But it's a little like, modern life AU headcanon of mine on how they all became friends. Yes I am working on a new chapter, give me time, still recovering from everything that happened during Christmas, plus I'm back in school.*