XXXVI- Preparations

Start from the beginning

"Ellie's parents."

Ellie was a young pack member who had been adopted by a couple after being subjected to horrors by Rogue. They were good people.

"I'm not spending Christmas with some random people," Tai said stubbornly. "Raiden and I will go home-"

"Don't make this difficult," Greyson said sternly. "Do as you're told."

"You're not the boss of me," Tai argued.

"Tai," Ace said gently. He had Tai's attention immediately and her expression softened slightly when she looked at him. "Please. I wouldn't make it through the night if I didn't know you were safe."

Tai narrowed her eyes at Greyson. "I don't like him telling me what to do."

Greyson shrugged his shoulders. "I'm in charge and that's not changing so deal with it."

"Please, Tai. Ignore him. Do it for me."

"Do not ignore me," Greyson said sternly.

*Greyson,* Indianna said in warning. *Give them a break. She's proven herself.*

*She still needs to listen to me. I'm the Alpha.*

*Yes, you're not letting her forget that.*

Greyson smirked slightly. "So, what is it going to be, Tai?"

Tai looked away from Ace and sighed. "Fine."

"Let's go and tell Raiden and Sasha," Ace said softly. He slowly reached for Tai's hand and she blinked, staring at Ace for a few seconds before nodding.

"Are you okay to take them?" Greyson asked Ace.

"Of course. We will leave as soon as they are ready to go."

"Sooner rather than later," Greyson ordered.

"Sir yes sir," Tai muttered as Ace and her left the cells, sarcasm heavy in her voice.

Greyson narrowed his eyes at her retreating figure, but Indianna reached up and touched his cheek, pulling his attention to her. "Grey," she whispered, "get over your ego and come with me."

Greyson's eyebrows shot up. "Excuse me, sugar?"

Indianna smiled. "Oh, you heard me, Alpha. Come on. I need to show you something."

"I do not have an ego."

Indianna scoffed. "You have a rather large ego."

"Where are you taking me and my supposed rather large ego, sugar?"

"I need to show you something."

"That didn't answer my question."

Indianna rolled her eyes. "Our bedroom."

"Why didn't you say that earlier?" Greyson wondered, a teasing smirk on his lips.

Indianna was slightly breathless when they made it to Greyson's bedroom and she cursed the many stairs she had just climbed. She took a seat on their bed eagerly and gestured for Greyson to join her. "And bring me that book on the side please."

Greyson raised the leather book with a look of doubt. "Why on earth do you want me to bring you this stupid book about fairytales, sugar?"

"Because I asked you too," Indianna said. "Come on. Bring it here."

Greyson sighed and sat down next to Indianna, dropping the book on the bed. "You got me all excited to come to our bedroom only to put a children's book in between us? Sugar, you're killing me."