Chapter 35

Alex's P.O.V 

"Nurse! Nurse!" she screamed. 

"Scarlett, it's me!" I shouted, trying to get her to come to her senses, only for an ear-piercing scream to ring out. 

---

1 Hour Prior 

"I don't care what you have to do, you find a way to wake her up," I snapped. 

"Alex, think about what she would want. It's best you put he-," Dr. Depretis said, but I cut him off.

"Finish that fucking sentence. I dare you," I seethed as I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt as he nervously gulped.

"I don't think you should manhandle the doctor in charge of your girlfriend," Timothy said with a sigh. 

"She is not my girlfriend," I snapped as I grabbed my gun. "Keep your fucking mouth shut before I blow your brains out right here and right now," I added. 

"Sir, yes, sir," he mumbled.

"Fix her," I said to Dr. Depretis as I threw him to the ground. "And get the fuck out," I said to Timothy, who wasted no time in leaving the room. 

Taking a deep breath, I walk over to the chair next to Scarlett and take a seat. 

"I need you to wake up," I said as I took her hand in mine. "I've damn near lost my mind without you,"

"The doctors don't think you'll ever wake up. They think you're still suffering since you went through such a heavy withdrawal, " I said, as I took her appearance in. 

"I don't want you to suffer," I said, my voice hoarse, "But I don't want to let you go either," I added. 

You should though. You don't know how much she may be suffering on the inside. 

"You have to pull through, you have to. You hear me? You have to show them you're stronger than they think you are," I said.

"Scar, I won't ask you to pull through for me. Pull through for you" I said as I took a deep breath. "You have a little sister out there who looks up to you. You've got to make up for lost time with your dad," I said, pleading to her seemingly lifeless body. 

Call it. Let her go.

"I can't lose you to him. Losing you like this makes him win. He can't win. Not when it comes to you. Don't let him, Scar, please," I said, a single tear rolling down my cheek. 

Say it. Tell her. Not like she could run away from you now.

"Scar, I love you too much to lose you. If only I had said it earlier then we wouldn't have been in this mess," I said as my voice wavered. 

"I love you. I love you. I love you," I said as I kissed her hand repeatedly. And maybe it was my imagination, but I wasn't taking that chance. 

"Dr. Depretis, get your ass in here," I bellowed, as Dr. Depretis came running. 

"Yes, Alex? What can I do for you?" He asked out of breath. 

"She squeezed my hand. I felt it," I replied quickly. 

"Alex, that's impossible. She hasn't shown any signs o-" he started. 

"I know what I felt! Do t you dare try to insinuate that I'm crazy!" I snapped. 

Rolling his eyes and taking a deep breath, he walks over to Scar and starts poking and prodding at her, something that bothers the fuck out of me. "Are you done poking at her like a child playing with its food?" I asked frustratingly.