Chapter 17

Song for this chapter is: Swim by Alec Benjamin

Scarlett's P.O.V

"Allison. Hey, you need to wake up, sleepyhead," Cade said as he lightly shook me.

"No. Let me sleep," I said as I snuggled into his chest more.

"As comfy as this is, I need to piss. And we said we would go meet my mom so you can finally have a job, missy. Now move your fat ass," he said, patiently waiting for me to get off.

"Fine," I groaned as I slowly pushed myself off of him.

"Gracias. I'll be back in a second," he said as he got up and headed to the bathroom and then reality slapped me in the face.

Holy fuck.

We kissed last night.

A lot. I don't even remember watching that much of the movie.

Holy fucking shit nuggets.

We can't go down this road again, Scarlett. They all seem nice at first. Tell you everything you want to hear. Then you ask them what you are, they turn around and tell you that you're nothing to them. That you are nothing. We are not doing this shit again.

"Hey, you okay? You look a little lost in thought there," Cade said as he exited the bathroom.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'm fine," I replied, averting his gaze.

"I'm going to head back to my place and get changed. Think you'll be ready in fifteen minutes? I can give you half an hour if you'd like," he said.

"Fifteen minutes is fine," I replied with a small smile.

"Alright. I'll come back for you in fifteen," he said as he gave me a light peck on the lips.

As I took a quick shower, I couldn't help but feel guilty. I'm leading the poor guy on. Cade is an amazing guy, there's no doubt about it. But I'm not letting my heart get broken again. I can't. It may have been a few months that I've been away from Alex, but the thought of him pains me. Everywhere I go, I feel like his eyes are still on me. Like he's still watching my every move.

Let him go. Cade is everything you could ever want in a man. He's kind and caring. He isn't a murderer. He's good and he's honest. Alex can't give you that. Alex hurt you and now it's time to move on. Let a man like Cade sweep you off your feet.

As I got out of the shower, I tossed on a pair of jeans, a tank top, and a flannel. Throwing on my converse, I toss my hair into a ponytail when I hear a knock on the door. Grabbing my bag, I open the door to see Cade standing there, looking handsome as ever.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Yep," I said as I locked the door behind me. We headed to the elevator in silence. The whole ride down was awkward. Fuck I made it awkward somehow.

"Are you okay?" he finally asked when we hopped into his truck.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said as I buckled my seat belt.

"Ally. Look at me in the eyes and tell you're fine," he said, as I felt his eyes pierce into my soul.

"Cade, I'm fine. We shouldn't keep your mother waiting," I said, refusing to look him in the eyes.

"Ally, I'm not pulling out of here until you talk to me. Did I do something? Did I come on too strong? I'm sorry for kissing you, but Ally I really like you," he said.

"Cade, we're going to be late. Can we please just go?" I asked.

"You expect me to drive with you here for an hour when you can't even look at me? Ally, just tell me what I did wrong. Last night you seemed fine and now you're not. Ally let me into that pretty little head of yours. Talk to me," he pleads.