Chapter 12

Song for this Chapter: Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly / I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky / And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change / And breakaway

*2 months later*

"Are you ready for this? Because I can tell him to leave," Alex said as I looked myself over in the mirror.

"It's now or never, Alex. There's no being one hundred percent ready for a change like this, but it is what it is. He is my father after all," I replied.

Today was the day I met my father. Again. After years of abandonment I would finally come face to face with the man who left me with my bitch of a mother. I had mixed feelings about this. On one hand, getting away from my mother was a good thing. But how could he leave me like that? Like I was nothing?

As I walked down the stairs, I saw a man seated at the dining room table, hints of gray in his dark brown hair. He was wearing jeans, a button down and a blazer and held a bouquet of flowers in his hands. Dahlias. My favorite I thought to myself as a small smile came across my face.

As Alex cleared his throat and caught his attention, he turned to me as tears welled in his eyes.

"Dad?" I asked, tears welling in my own eyes.

"I didn't know what to bring.. and then I remembered that dahlias were your favorite so I-" he started, but I cut him off as I ran into his arms, holding him close.

"I missed you so much," I let out as the tears fell.

"I missed you so much too," he replied. As I slowly let go of him, I motioned for him to sit.

"I know I have a lot of explaining to do," he started, but I held my hand up stopping him.

"Let's not ruin the moment. Let's eat and then we'll talk," I said with a smile. As Alex's chef brought us each our plates of Shrimp Scampi over Linguini with Escargot on the side, the three of us ate.

"So aren't you going to introduce me?" my father asked, motioning to Alex.

"Oh, right! This is Alex, my um. It's Alex, you don't really need to know anything else other than he's the reason we're here right now," I said.

"Well, Alex, thank you for bringing my daughter and I back together," my father said with a smile.

"Of course," Alex said as he continued eating. As we finished up, the moment I dreaded came.

"Why?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"I needed to get out, jellybean. You know how your mother is," he replied.

"Yeah, but what about me? Did you not take me into account when you decided to fake your death? How did you even manage to do that? I watched you die!" I yelled as hot tears streamed down my cheek.

"Scarlett, I-. There's nothing I could say to make up for leaving you behind, but we can start over," my father said as he placed his hand on mine, but I snatched it away.

"Were you ever going to reach out? Ever?" I asked angrily. "Because if it weren't for Alex, we wouldn't even be having this conversation right now. So tell me honestly, dad," I added, venom in my voice, "Did it ever cross your mind to reach out to your only daughter who was left with a fucking psychopath? Did it?" I asked furiously.

"I was, trust me I was, I just needed time to find you," he replied as his phone rang. "I'll be right back," he said as he stepped outside the living room to take his call. Go Alex mouthed as he nodded his head in the direction my father headed off.

"Hello? Yeah, I'll be home soon don't worry. Jellybean, you need to brush your teeth, don't make your mother's life harder. Yes, daddy will be home soon. Okay. Okay. Love you too. Mhm. Bye," he said as my heart broke all over again. Heading back to the dining room, I wiped my tears and waited for him to come back.

"Needed time to find me huh?" I asked in disbelief and disgust.

"Scar I-," he started but I cut him off.

"No! Clearly you didn't need time to find me because you already found a new family. You forgot all about me, didn't you?" I asked.

"Scar, I didn't. I-," he started.

"Don't lie to me!" I yelled. "You went and got yourself a whole new family. Jellybean was my name. My name! And now you've gone and given it to some other daughter you have with some other woman. I don't blame you for moving on from mom. But how could you? How could you just forget about me like that? How could I literally mean nothing to you?" I asked as the tears streamed down my cheeks once more.

"I-," he started, but I had had enough.

"Get out," I said looking away from him.

"Scarlett. We can fix this. Just let me-," he started.

"Get out before I shoot you," I said as I grabbed the gun from underneath the table and aimed it at my father.

"I think it's time for you to go," Alex said as his guards came in to lead my father out. Taking the gun from my hand and placing it on the table, he turns my body towards him and pulls me closer to him as I collapse in his arms. "Do you even know how to shoot a gun?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Shut up," I said as I cried harder into his chest. As I pulled away from him, I wiped my tears and looked up at him.

"Alex, what are we?" I asked.

"Let's not focus on that right now," he said, avoiding my eyes.

"No. Alex, what are we?" I asked in a sterner voice.

"We're nothing, Scarlett. I'm too dangerous for you," he replied.

"Bullshit, Alex. That's fuckin bullshit. You're trying to tell me that everything we've been through was nothing?" I asked.

"Yes," he breathed out. "Look, I know it's not what you wanna hear, but it is what it is. We're nothing, end of story," he said.

"You know what? Fuck you, Alex. Who gave you the fucking right to tell me what's dangerous for me?" I asked.

"Scar-," he started.

"No. Fuck you, Alex," I said as I slapped him and ran to our room. Well, what used to be. Locking the door, I ignored his constant pounding on the door, grabbed a duffel bag from the closet, and grabbed a few clothes and stuffing them inside.

I needed to get away. Start a new life. I'm done with being fucked over. Tonight, Scarlett Johnson died.

I guess like father, like daughter.

————
Hey loves! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter it's gonna be the last one for this year! 2021 will bring you a bunch more updates, I promise. We're almost there guys! Let's get ready to knock 2021 outta the park!
I love each and everyone of you
See you next year my loves ❤️