hi, harry

🕸🕸🕸

🕸🕸🕸

"You just can't make this up! I had to sit in that interview pretending everything was normal " Felicia Hardy raised her hands up in defeat pushing the revolving doors of Oscorp with her back. "Apart from that I think it went okay..the interview I mean. If you wanted to know. I thought you were going to call me last night?" The girl turned in her black heels and short black dress to Gwen Stacy who walked silently, a melancholy sort of look upon her face. Felicia frowned at this and at the fact her friend had barely answered. "Gwen?" On the mentioning of her name her blue eyes rose finally acknowledging that Felicia was talking to her. "What's the matter?" The blonde, finding no will to contain it, let out a heavy sigh as they walked towards the elevator.

"Peter and I talked last night" She stated through pursed lips. Felicia stopped outside the metallic silver doors turning to Gwen with creased eyebrows. "He kissed me" She added, causing the girls brows to raise questioningly, but Gwen quickly shook her head. "Then we broke up"

"WHAT?" Felicia exclaimed mostly for dramatic effect, a few passer-bys turning their heads at the raise in volume. In truth she was actually glad they'd broke up. Captain Stacy was right. Gwen being aligned with Spider-Man was a dangerous venture. Felicia had given her whole life as the Black Cat up to protect her friend. The enemies that were tied to that suit were beyond even her comprehension. The pair of girls entered the elevator falling into silence as the doors closed and the machine began to move.

"He said he loves me, so why isn't that enough?" She hissed at a girl who didn't know the answer. Gwen's dark eyebrows creased together in disappointment "Just because my dad made him promise?" A promise was a trivial thing. Felicia had broken many. Breaking important promises came with a cost.

"Going against a dying mans wish isn't something one can do lightly...you have to understand Gwen that-" Felicia began with a heavy sigh but Gwen turned on her, raising her voice startling even herself.

"Well I don't! It's my choice. I get to choose" Her voice was lathered in a rigmarole of hurt. "I get to choose" She repeated, the words coming out heavy, the girl trying with everything she had not to break down right there and then.

"I know, I know." Felicia nodded with a small shrug, cursing her lack of knowledge in relationships. She'd dated people before. But she had never loved someone before. Never loved someone that had loved her back... "But I guess Peter doesn't see it that way" One thing she could understand however was Peter's line of thought. He felt guilty for a start. But Gwen wasn't there that night. The events played through Felicia's head like an old tape recorder. In Peter's mind he owed this promise to the dead man. But the heart wants what it wants. It would, always.

"I can't live like this anymore. First he stops talking to me completely, and then he says we should be friends before kissing me, and then-then he breaks up with me?!" A single tear fell down her freckled cheek before she swiped it away, clearing her throat as the doors opened. A  man of average height hurried in, pushing down the gel on top of his balding head. His large thick glasses looked between them in a friendly manner. His arms were filled to the brim with blue prints, and a mug filled with what smelled like coffee in the other. Upon reaching over to select his floor, however, the mug clumsily slid from his hand. Felicia's eyes slowly averted to the following object, agilely reaching out her hand catching the mug and preventing its contents from spilling all over the floor.