quiet as a cat

🕸🕸🕸

🕸🕸🕸

The gymnasium was alive with students the very next day, some sitting on the bleachers, a couple painting banners for the upcoming basketball match. Flash Thompson and the rest of the basketball team were in the middle of a friendly practice, their sneakers squeaking in time with the ball. In the other half of the gym, the cheer team were also deep into practice, Felicia Hardy in front, her hair tied high with a white ribbon. Gwen Stefani was being blasted, the girls swinging their pom poms in time with the beat. Felicia agilely tumbled backwards as her team mates caught her pushing her up, performing a split jump in the air. Peter Parker who had a free class and nothing better to do, sat on the bleachers lost in his own thoughts. He watched the brunette push forward and aerial, landing nimbly as if it were merrily nothing. She was the best on the team, he had to admit, he knew it, she knew it, and the entire team probably knew it too. Felicia had an energy about her, an energy and stamina that if Peter concentrated enough, he could feel pulsating within his own veins. Something that wasn't there before. A crashing interrupted his thought process, a basketball having hurtled into a paint pot, splurging the deep blue over a newly painted sign.

"Flash!" The girl who had been painting the poster groaned clearly irritated. "You did that on purpose" The boy in question let out an overly confident laugh, bouncing the ball once more.

"No, but I should have. You should watch your back.....yo Hardy" His eyes rose to the girl in her cheer uniform and white sneakers, who had walked over seeing the commotion.

"You're threatening people now, are you?" She crossed her arms, ignoring his eyes that looked her up and down, with intent. His ignorance really was something. "That's pretty low" Her gaze slowly fell to Peter Parker who had moved to lift the paint pot up giving a small apologetic smile to the annoyed girl about her work.

"Well, party hardy woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Either that or she's on her period." The words dripped like poison into her ear, as she took a deep breath, restraining every urge not to punch him right in the face. He took two steps forward, as she stood her ground glaring at him. "Listen I thought we could y'know-"

"If this is your misogynist way to ask me out, you can think again you ass-hat" Felicia finally spoke with spite. Calm. But lethal. She took several steps back, but in confidence, giving him a smirk. "Never. Gonna. Happen" She turned on her heel going to walk away, when suddenly the hairs on her neck rose on end alarmingly. The girl turned swiftly as the ball hurtled towards her face, only stopping inches before impact, the back of Peter Parker's hand now in front of her face as he caught the ball. Her eyes fluttered open and close in shock, looking at the boy who had just prevented her from being hit in the face, his expression as equally surprised.

"That's some reflexes you've got there" She muttered, her dark eyebrows knitting together under her fringe. "Well, thanks" Peter withdrew his arm, passing the ball between his hands, giving her a nod, still a little bewildered. "From the top" She suddenly called to the cheer-team, a blonde girl pressing the play button on the boombox, the music vibrating out. Felicia took one last look at the boy, before raising her pom poms halfheartedly dancing lackadaisical on her way back to her position. Peter Parker let out a laugh at her playful manner, maybe because the girl really hadn't changed. 6 or 16. Still the same. Still there.