pom poms for ivy halls

🕸🕸🕸

🕸🕸🕸

Where silence had filled the house in Forest Hills, laughter now arose, the light in the loft now flickering its warm oranges throughout the room. A myriad of pictures lay sprawled out across the floor, with other various memory inducing papers and certificates. The face of Felicia Hardy illuminated in shades of yellow let out a chuckle as her red painted fingernails lifted a picture off the floor. She turned it towards a cross legged Peter Parker, who closed his eyes in embarrassment, shaking his head.

"What are you wearing?" He took the picture from her grasp raising it to the light. The picture in question depicted 6 year old Felicia Hardy in a puffy pink dress with a mouth full of missing teeth grinning at the camera, an equally young looking Peter Parker beside her. It had been Halloween. Her mother had spent hours stitching the costume from her old ballet dress.

"I'm Princess Peach can't you tell?" Felicia mockingly pouted her eyes lowering back down to the cascade of memories entwining with the floorboards. Peter's face fell slightly when he looked at the picture. The more he looked at himself in a poorly made pirate costume. He remembered that night well. He was looking at his mother behind the camera.

"My mom took that.." He muttered, before he smiled finally remembering it warmly.

"I know..." Felicia's gaze rose, returning the smile before she nodded. Her eyes rose almost immediately to another photo of the same night, however this time Harry Osborn was also in the picture dressed in a shop bought zombie costume. "Y'know if he passed me on the street I don't think I'd recognize him anymore"

"Aren't there any photos in the penthouse?" Peter asked slowly looking at her. The penthouse in question, was the Osborn residence that Felicia had recently been employed in. Money was scarce, and with the familial connections she'd managed to score a job as Norman Osborn's secretary. Although, she hadn't seen the man once. There were rumours. She never tended to listen to them, but there had to be some truth behind it. Fare to say, Norman Osborn was seriously ill, Felicia just didn't know how.

"No...it's like he never existed." She shrugged biting her lip in thought. It was strange. If she didn't know the Osborns she wouldn't have known Norman had a son. She reckoned he'd taken the whole Harry graduating and then running riot in Europe, pretty badly. Upon speaking the words her eyes rose cunningly, deciding now was as good as time as any. "But do y'know who does exist?....Gwen-"

"Woah-woah I thought we weren't gonna talk about-"

"Peter you need to talk to her. Once. That's all I'm askin'." She looked at him with raised eyebrows, her face moulding into seriousness, a rare look on the girl "You've been avoiding her for almost three months. Captain Stacy told you to leave her out of the whole Spider-Man thing. Dating her would put her in danger. That's fair. But he didn't tell you to ignore her....there is such thing as being friends y'know?" Friends. It pained him to the core to just be friends with Gwen Stacy. But yet again Felicia did have a point. He'd been weird about it. The girl had lost her father after all. He of all people should understand how that feels. He should've been there for her. His head lowered, as he let out a defeated groan. His head then rose abruptly up to the brunette who looked at him expectantly.