I crossed my arms, "Yea? How so?"

"I'm sure Hailey wouldn't be too thrilled to hear that you have me looking into someone she is friends with, but I'm even more sure she would be even less thrilled to hear about how there was never another Hailey Romano, and you were just hired to kill her from the beginning," He spoke in a tone as if he was satisfied with his words, "So start showing me some fucking respect."

His threat made my jaw clench. A smirk slowly formed on his face as he said, "That's what I thought."

I threw another punch, this one hitting his jaw. Blood pooled in his mouth and he wiped it as it was dripping down his lip. He looked at me with pure hate and said, "Our business relationship is over. You can forget about any more hits, and you can forget about me getting the identity of whoever it is you're looking into. Fuck you."

He walked away and I stood there, feeling a little regretful. I need him to get the identity of whoever wants Hailey dead. Shit, I guess I'll have to swallow my pride again and try to make things better with him. Like always, unless this time is different. But that shit can wait, because right now I just want to go home with Hailey.

I got into the drivers seat and pulled out of the parking lot. She asked me, "Why'd you hit him? Is everything okay?"

"Yes, everything's okay, don't worry. Do you want to go get some ice cream?" I tried to think of something that would cheer her up.

She shook her head, "No, I just want to spend the rest of the day at home."

I felt a little relieved that was her answer, because I know that she is safe there. I'm not sure how pissed Alessandro is at me, so I don't know if he wants to do anything to her to get to me. I don't even want her to go to school tomorrow, but I can't force her to skip and not tell her why.

We entered our apartment and at that exact moment, it started to rain outside. The raindrops hit the window aggressively, and a huge smile formed on her face. She said cheerfully, "I love the rain!"

I was expecting her to go and sit on the couch, but instead, she went into the kitchen. She started pulling flour, eggs, and sugar out so I asked her, "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to bake a chocolate cake."

I walked over to her and said, "You don't have to do that."

"I know," she nodded. "But I know you've kind of had a shitty day, so it's my turn to cheer you up."

She's so selfless. And I'm so selfish. 

I tried to get her to come and sit with me on the couch, but she was dead set on baking the cake. I went into our bedroom and sat on our bed, opening my laptop. 

I started to look at houses in Philadelphia, saving the ones I thought Hailey would like. The smell of the cake baking and the sound of the rain made me forget about the entire funeral. Hailey came into the room with a smile on her face and jumped on the bed beside me, "It'll be ready in 30 minutes!"

She turned her head to look at the houses I had pulled up and a gasp escaped her lips, "Aero!"

"What?"

"Do you not see how many zeros these houses have?!"

I shrugged, "Only 6."

She shut my laptop, giving me a stern look, "We do not need to live in a multimillion-dollar house."

I nodded my head slightly, "Okay. Fine."

I opened my laptop again and she changed the price of the houses that came up. We looked for a while, until she pointed her finger at one, "Click on that one."