"I hope to see you soon, Rosie," Y/n said with a sad smile, "I'm gonna miss you. Hopefully you have some work back here in the near future."

"Me too. I'll make sure to text you when my flight lands safely." I told her as I pulled my phone out, checking to see when flights were and my eyes widened as there was one in a little more than an hour. I quickly booked a ticket, "I better get going now because I don't want to waste anymore time."

I stood up from the couch and walked over to grab my things, y/n quietly following behind me. I glanced back and smiled as she was wrapped up in the blanket, silently watching me get ready to leave her for who knows how long. I then saw Apollo lightly jog up to me and meow, making y/n roll her eyes at her cat,

"Apollo, you don't just say that to people, watch your mouth."

"Meow." Y/n scoffed at his meow back,

"I can't believe my own cat just hate crimed me." I furrowed my eyebrows at her,

"What?" She just waved me off,

"It's nothing. You can say goodbye to the little homophobic cat." I just smiled in amusement and pet the cat goodbye, making sure to scratch under his ear because he likes that. I double checked I had everything and looked up at y/n one last time,

"See you, y/n. Talk to you soon."

"Right back at ya, blondie." I smiled at her reply and walked out of her apartment, quickly getting a taxi and texting Somi to get my luggage into the lobby of her building for me since I left it with her. When I got a message back from her, I turned my phone off and sighed as I pressed my head against the fogged up window.

And me being the hopeless romantic I am, drew a small heart with my first initial and y/n's also.

I just hope the date her and Aurora go on eventually is horrible.

Y/n's POV

I'm now depressed as I laid face down on my couch. I replayed what just happened and sighed as I probably had the proper chance to show her how I feel. But, there's always that part of myself that's holding me back, keeping my heart guarded. I turned my head to the side and looked at the paused TV, becoming more depressed as now I associated the show with Rosie.

I decided to not be a miserable bitch and at least be a bit more productive before going to bed. I lazily grabbed my laptop again and started editing the last few photos. I was at it for a decent amount of time, actually feeling a lot better too. Apollo played with his toys and ran around, getting the zoomies, making me laugh loudly as he ran into a few things too.

"Sometimes you really crack me up." I said, shaking my head as I saved my work and closed my laptop. I stretched my arms and then stood up, turning off the lights around the apartment as I made my way to the bathroom to clean up. Once I was done, I went to my room and crawled into bed, turning on my sleep playlist.

I then opened up the text messages between Aurora and I and sent her a message that I should be good for a date in the evening. I got a response right away from her, saying that the time was perfect and to meet her at the Rockefeller Center around 6pm. I smiled at that and put my phone on my nightstand, letting my tiredness catch up to me and consume me.

~~~~~

My morning was quite nice actually since I finally slept through the whole night. My stomach didn't feel like shit and I had some of my strength back. I still took today off work because I didn't want to rush into it, but they all know I'll be back tomorrow.

I decided I'd head over to Somi's and show her that I'm well enough to be out in the world again. I put on a long black coat over my clothes and grabbed my beanie. I adjusted it on top of my head and grabbed my keys before exiting my apartment, locking it behind me.