12

The car pulled up to a mansion with a tall gate surrounding it. Eri was sat beside you, she seemed to curl into herself when we completely stopped in front of the location. 

This made you feel uneasy too, she looked so scared to be back inside the building. When we began to descend the stairs, you didn't like the way Dylan grabbed your arm in front of all these people, a vein busting grip on your upper arm.

You walked into what seemed like a laboratory and were told to lay down on the operating table. You felt uneasy yourself.

Walking down here you saw bedrooms and kitchens and not the hospital type, it was homier, so why did they have this creepy dark operating room underneath. You felt sick and knew you couldn't trust these people from the beginning but if you said no who knows what they will do.

"Y/n I'm gonna put you to sleep and what I'm gonna do is remove some of your skin and get some of your blood okay?" Chisaki told you his plague mask was very distracting for you and you wanted to know more of what it symbolises within this business.

You nodded your head watching as he put a mask over your face. Eri clung onto another leg of a man wearing a plague mask, his being black with gold trim and also including circular glasses over his eyes.

She seemed to have a look of worry in her eyes, for you. It made you wonder if what they were doing was that bad and how whatever their plans were for getting a part of your quirk that you never used were going to be.

With that final thought, you fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When you had woken up again, you checked over your body showing no sign of stitching or an operation in general. It was probably someone's quirk.

The man who Eri was clinging onto earlier remained in the room, holding out his hand out for you to take.

You hesitantly took it, still holding it when he walked out of the room, you were sure he could feel your hand trembling. both of you walked upstairs to the homier part of the building, you felt calmer seeing the young girl on the floor of one of the rooms playing with some legos.

The man had left you with her locking the door behind, letting you know you would be going once they've finished talking to your father.

For a couple of seconds you stood by the door, what were you meant to do with a 5-year-old, where were her parents they shouldn't have agreed to leave her in a place like this, perhaps they were doing it for money and didn't care about her wellbeing.

"Please don't go, at least take me with you." She whispered you couldn't even look at the poor girl nevermind speak to her, your timidness was not compatible with her need for help.

"...." It hurt you how were you supposed to even talk to her never mind take her, the two of you had had personalities that were incompatible neither of you finding it in your heart to speak up.

Eri resumed playing with legos a defeated expression on her face. You wanted to apologise, but she looked so fragile like you could say the wrong thing and she would break down, kind of like yourself.

"I-i'm sorry." You said, how was a five-year-old scaring you, she should be scared of you a stranger who had just appeared out of nowhere and was now locked in a room with her.

"it's ok I get that you're scared." She was being more compassionate than you were in the situation.

"Eri how old are you?" You asked, small talk was the perfect way to start every conversation.

"5 what about you?" 

"14, do you have a favourite person Eri?" You asked, you finally being able to get closer to her picking up a lego yourself to add to the single tower she was creating. 

She shook her head, it seemed like the people here weren't very welcoming.

"Do you live here?" Curiosity had gotten the better of you, it was a weird question for someone who was scared of a 5-year-old 2 minutes ago to ask.

She nodded, it now made sense to you why she was still here, maybe one of the men was her father most likely Chisaki although he does look quite young.

"Do you read Eri?" You asked mentioning the one hobby that kept you sane during your daily torment.

She shook her head, you weren't surprised by that fact, as you had already figured that Chisaki would neglect her until he needed her for his experiments.

"I-"

"Y/n let's go." Your father stood at the door his eyes looking at the lego bricks in my hands and the small tower I had helped the girl make.

You nodded your head, reminding yourself that if you saw Eri again you would bring her a book to read.