31 | Rules & Demands

Start from the beginning

He nods, scowling. "But she's too clingy. She knows we have broken up, still she acts like we're a couple."

"Typical," Zivah snorts under her breath.

"Okay Kavya, that's it," Dhruv says, getting up from the table was sitting on. "I'm leaving. I have to go inspect a surgery."

"No, wait, no," Kavya rushes, grabbing his hand and pushing him back to his seat. "Wait for a second, please. This is important."

He sighs lying back on the table beside Zivah and Arjun.

"Here they are!" Divya exhales and I snap my head to see Vedika rushing towards us with Nishaant sprinting behind her.

"Arjun, you pig!" Vedika swears, running to Arjun. "You cancelled my date with Samir? How dare you?! What the hell is your problem, huh?"

"Excuse me," Arjun holds up his hand defensively. "I didn't cancel it. I just postponed it. Read the message properly."

Vedika frowns, "oh yaa? With whose permission, may I ask?"

He shrugs. "You were sleeping like there was no tomorrow and your phone was beeping with fifty text messages per minute. So I just texted him that you won't be able to make it. Simple."

"You could have just woken me up, asshole." She hits him on his arm. "And how on earth did you even crack the password to my phone?"

He laughs, "it was actually quite simple. It didn't take rocket science to figure out. I cracked it in the second try itself. Taylor Swift? Seriously? Who keeps their password that?"

"Well, me, for your kind information," She snaps, pursing her lips. "And how the fuck did you even know I liked Taylor Swift?"

"Oh, I don't know. Probably because you have her posters hanging around in the entire dorm." He says, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

Aman looks at Arjun like he was going to snap his head anytime soon.

Vedika groans. "Arjun, I swear—"

"Okay," I interrupt, cutting her off. "I've called you'll here for something important."

When I get everyone's attention, I continue. "So the thing is, my parents are going to be coming after two days—-"

I was cut off my everyone applauding. They hoot and cheer as I stare at them with my eyebrows raised.

"Wait," I yell through all the cheering and hooting. "That's not the main thing. Shut up and listen."

All of them groan as I continue. "So, my parents are coming—"

"For Gods sake, how many times are you going to repeat that," Arjun interrupts, whining.

"Can you shut up and let her continue?" Aman snaps.

"Oh please, by all means, continue. Take your own sweet time." Arjun waves his hand dramatically for me to continue making Aman glare at him harder.

"Okay now no one speaks. My parents are coming and they are really excited to meet my new friends," I explain as they continue to stare at me in confusion.

"And you'll are the friends that I'm talking about here." I state, trying to clear out the confusion.

"Since when?" Arjun questions randomly, making me glare at him. Vedika hits him with her shoulder, rolling her eyes.

Dhruv blurts, "Okay, Kavya. We get it. We're your friends. Happy? Now that we've established that, can we please go? I have a fucking surgery to inspect."