"Sweetie," He cradled her face as the previous hokages all watched, Naruto being helped over by Tobirama while Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi rushed over as fast as they could, the blonde falling to her side first and Tobirama backed away to stand near his student and elder brother, feeling like he held no right to stand next to such a prised youth instead of her loved ones. "You're not going to die, you hear me? You are not going to die."

"I..." Her hands grasped onto his own and her voice cracked, "I don't want to go. Papa, I don't want to go, I- I..." 

This time it was Naruto who spoke as he brought his hands to hover over her wound and urged Kuramas chakra to flow through her and attempt to heal her. "You wont, Maki. I wont let you, I-I'll just heal you with Kurama and-"

It wasn't working.

He pulled back in confusion as horror filled him. As soon as Maki saw the expressions of horror on her best-friend and fathers face, she seemed to understand what was happening and closed her eyes. 

After a few inhales and exhales she opened her eyes once more and reached her hand to her belly. Sakura rushed over just in time to stop the brunette from ripping the rod out of herself before she attempted to heal her friend, however just like Naruto her chakra refused to heal Maki.

It was as if Maki had zero chakra in her system. Like it all just simply... disappeared.

"Why...?" Voice wobbly, Sakura gritted her teeth, "why wont it work?"

Makis hand that had originally been aiming for the chakra rod instead lifted her hoodie and exposed her seal. A voice spoke up right as she managed to place all five of her fingers on the seal, twist it and begin to suck out something yellow. 

Minato who was watching behind his son, raced towards her along with Hashirama as they both recognized what she was doing. How she was able to do so without chakra, they didn't know.

"Maki, that isn't a good idea-"

She cut the brunette off with a small smile.

"It's time Kurama goes back to where he belongs."

Kurama protested greatly.

"Maki!" They all jumped when Kuramas voice was heard, "Don't you dare! I belong with you, you are my home, Maki!"

Maki bit her lip as the tears finally rolled down her face, however she didn't stop what she was doing. A small and quiet yell of pain left her as the yellow colour began to drag out even more, Kuramas voice gradually growing quieter as it stretched further. Soon, he was even begging her.

"Maki, please. Don't do this, you'll die if you do this!"

"And so will you!" She gritted her teeth, coughing painfully as Tenzos face blanked.

'Dying?' His heart clenched, 'He never even considered the idea of Maki dying, at least not before him.'

"Kurama..." Maki could barely keep her eyes open but she forced herself to live on for just a little more, "You've been by my side from the first day I entered this world. Y-You... You were the only reason I could use chakra."

"Maki!"

Omoi grabbed Makis hand as he slowly processed what she'd said.

"Are you saying..." He tried his best to keep his voice even but it still wobbled as he spoke, "Maki, are you saying you never had chakra?"

She nodded the best she could and Tenzo choked on his saliva, wet liquid running down his face as he held her hands. "You never told me..."

"I'm sorry," Not once did her Cyan eyes meet his own Onyx ones, as if she feared the only gaze he could offer her was one of disappointment. "I didn't think I'd ever have-"