34

"She's Her Master's Student

"She's Her Master's Student."

Fighting Itachi Uchiha almost proved to be as difficult as fighting her master, but that was only in taijutsu. If Itachi was using his mangekyou or susanoo, Maki would be screwed. 

Or... In this case, Kurama would be screwed mentally and Maki would take the physical damage and pain.

"You are fast." Itachi calmly stated as Kurama kept silent, knowing if he insulted the boy then Maki would be upset with him, and god knows nobody wants her to be upset with them.

Actually, Bee was much better at taijutsu then this, he had just never used his full powers against her, and instead informed her to return in two months so they could finally have a true duel. 

Only problem was that, Tsunade would want to see the fight and...Bee would be distracted.

So at the current moment, Maki could say she matched Itachi in Taijutsu, and he refused to use genjutsu against her. She was never good at that, and he would respect her by keeping this as a battle of Taijutsu and Ninjutsu.

Itachi jumped back and away from Maki, reaching a hand into his weapons pouch and chucking a couple of shuriken towards his sister, he then proceeded to form a few hand signs.

"Phoenix flower jutsu!" The shuriken lit up in fire, but Kurama only rolled his eyes and flicked them away with a chakra tail, charging towards the Uchiha who grunted in slight annoyance. 

Itachi let out a sigh and smiled behind his mask. He was happy with how strong she had gotten. Not too long ago, she was just some six year old who appeared out of nowhere and had no idea what chakra was, claiming half the history of the village founders was fake and getting into arguments with the third hokage.

Honestly, he missed the days where he would protect her, and in return, she would protect him from himself.

"Wait," There was no way he would beat her in taijutsu right now. She specialized in it for years, while his specialty was in genjutsu. No way would he use tsukuyomi against her, and besides, he should let her and Tenzo have a proper greeting. They were father and daughter after all, even if Maki didn't realize it.

Making sure no one else would hear him, he quietly informed Kurama of the surrender. At first, Kurama was ticked off, but then realized Itachi was probably overwhelmed.

Hah! Take that, lowly mortals!

"Kurama..." Maki sweatdropped but shook her head as she could feel her control over her body returning.

"Never did I imagine you'd be able to beat us all, and so easily, too." Tenzo spoke as he stood in front of her, a few feet away.

Maki stared at him calmly for a second before bending down and placing her hands on her knees. He let out a comical sweat as she began to wheeze, clutching at her chest and seeming to mutter something he couldn't quite hear.