Chapter 14

"Just five minutes please?"

"No. Get up." Maki groaned and laid on her back, the silver haired man leaning over her with his hands on his hips.

"No." A sigh escapes his lips.

"I didn't even kick you that hard."

"Easy for you to say! You're fourteen years older than me!  Some genius, you are!" He smiles, lifting her up by the back of her shirt.

"And for that insult, I'm adding another ten minutes to your training." She mentally cries, cursing herself.

"Ah man. Thats so uncool, yo!" 

"Maki?" Maki looks behind her at the voice, seeing Naruto with a smile. He walked up to her and brightened as soon as he saw her smile, a grin of his own tugging at his lips at just the pure happiness he felt when seeing her. 

"It is you! What are you doing here alone, dattebayo?"

"Alone...?" She sighs, realising Kakashi had left or hid in a tree.

"I don't know Naruto. What are you doing here?"

"Training."

"Me too, I guess."

"By the way, Maki?"

"What is it?"

"Have you been okay lately? You seem sadder and you zone out way more in class. Even when I call you." Kakashi leans closer, wondering what the boy was talking about.

"Eh?" Her hand makes it's way to the back of her neck and she laughs. "Uh...Yeah! Ahaha! Sorry about that! I just had something on my mind and I really couldn't focus for some reason and I kind of didn't really get good sleep so- Wait i'm rambling, yo."

"No." Naruto shakes his head. "I get it." He stands in front of her, bringing his hand up and pointing to himself.

"Well, whatever it is! Always know I'm here for you as your best friend, Maki-Chan!" Maki blinks, her mouth slightly parted.

"Yeah..." She mutters, a grin soon making its way onto her face.

"I know. The same goes for you, Yo!" They bump fists before Naruto realises the sun was setting.

"Oh. I better go home now. See you tomorrow, Maki." She blinks at his figure and waves back at him.

"Yeah..." Her voice merely a whisper. "See you tomorrow." 

"I guess we should end training off right here." She turns around and looks at the Hatake with a silent nod.

"What's wrong?"